Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No signal bars on iphone 4 (4.3.3)

Unhappy No signal bars on iphone 4 (4.3.3)
    Hi guys,

Really hope you can help.

I have an unlocked iphone 4 (unlocked by vodafone) on 4.3.3 modem firmware 04.10.01. When i initally got the phone used limera1n to jailbreak, after which i noticed i had no signal bars.

Today I restored the phone in (and then synced it with my saved settings) however i still do not have any signal bars. I have tried both my vodafone sim and o2 sim, with no luck. Wifi works normal however.

please please help!

thanks in advance

xx

ps IMEI is not blacklisted either

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

that bb is not unlockable via ultrasn0w, it won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    that bb is not unlockable via ultrasn0w, it won't work.
    hi, thanks for yur response, i did not try to unlock it through ultrasn0w, the phone is officially unlocked through vodafone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

sorry, apprently i am a complete moron and have no idea what i am talking about.

sorry i can't assist you

Well someone think's they're important... If you could read, then you wouldn't be a moron.

Sheila, if you don't mind me asking, where are you located? Have you tried jailbreaking with green poison instead?

have you hacktivated the phone by any chance? (jailbreaking without activating first)

Quote Originally Posted by bondkt View Post
    sorry, apprently i am a complete moron and have no idea what i am talking about.

sorry i can't assist you
    an o2 sim doesn't require unlocking to begin with, so there's obviously a problem that has nothing to do with being unlock-able via baseband.

Were you using a custom ipsw to restore with?
    Last edited by ph3n0m; 05-08-2011 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by ph3n0m View Post
    Well someone think's they're important... If you could read, then you wouldn't be a moron.

Sheila, if you don't mind me asking, where are you located? Have you tried jailbreaking with green poison instead?
    i'm based in London, UK.

I havent tried green poison, would this likely fix my signal problem? i thought if i restore the phone back to the original settings, that i'd resolve the problem..but it didn't and i don't understand why

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    have you hacktivated the phone by any chance? (jailbreaking without activating first)
    i may have done this, i don't remember activating it when i originally jailbreaked it..but surely a full restore would undo anything i did right?

(i wish i hadn't attempted to jailbreak the thing by myself in the first place now, all the tutorials seemed so straight forward, and i practically got laughed at for saying i wanted to pay to have it done)

an o2 sim doesn't require unlocking to begin with, so there's obviously a problem that has nothing to do with being unlock-able via baseband.

Were you using a custom ipsw to restore with?
    the phone was originally locked to vodafone, i had it unlocked so i can use an o2 sim. both sim work, i just don't have any signal bars and so cannot make/receive calls/sms.

i restored the phone using iTunes..i'm not aware if this is custom ipsw..is there a way i can check?
    Last edited by sheila_ktn; 05-09-2011 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Did you have to DFU PWN or anything to restore?
    Did you Shift click to select your own ipsw?
    If you did, my thought is you downloaded a pre activated ipsw and used it for the restore.

Default iphone 4 4.3.3
    dude last nite i had the same prob which u r facin nw.... wiv no signal bars..... u just need 2 download ultrasnow.... no matter if u r on factory unlock or b.b unlock.... i myself usin a factory unlock..... ders an issue wiv iphone 4 on 4.3.3 wiv custom firmware.... we hav wait 4 sum patch 2 cum out in near future..... i think dis will help ya out.... cya tc....

I never, ever, ever, EVER, want to see a response written like that, EVER again.

Quote Originally Posted by milindgohel View Post
    dude last nite i had the same prob which u r facin nw.... wiv no signal bars..... u just need 2 download ultrasnow.... no matter if u r on factory unlock or b.b unlock.... i myself usin a factory unlock..... ders an issue wiv iphone 4 on 4.3.3 wiv custom firmware.... we hav wait 4 sum patch 2 cum out in neaR
    future..... i think dis will help ya out.... cya tc....
    Ill rewrite it for you.
    Last night I had the same problem, that you currently have. The issue with the signal bars needs the new ultrasn0w and it should work.
    I pretty much paraphrased but you should get it

Did you have to DFU PWN or anything to restore?
    Did you Shift click to select your own ipsw?
    If you did, my thought is you downloaded a pre activated ipsw and used it for the restore.
    no, i just used restored the normal way y pressing the restoring button and leaving itunes to do everything

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Ill rewrite it for you.
    Last night I had the same problem, that you currently have. The issue with the signal bars needs the new ultrasn0w and it should work.
    I pretty much paraphrased but you should get it
    so i just need to download ultrasnow and follow the intructions? does anyone think I should just take it to apple?
    Last edited by sheila_ktn; 05-10-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Remove sauriks host files from your computer and restore and set up as new phone. WILL WORk. at least for me

Default ·GS - 4.3.3 - No Signal, so downgrade?
    Hello. Iīve been looking for info all this past week and couldnīt find any solution.
    I need to ask here, for if someone can help me. (sorry my english is very poor); Here I go.

* iPhone 3GS - BB 6.15 - Upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3.3 with snowbreeze 2.7.2 - Had to Hacktivate the ISPW, (no original sim..)

I have this famous NO SIGNAL (carrier) issue. So as I seem to canīt find any solution I was wondering if downgrading from 4.3.3 to 4.3.2 or 4.3.1 could help (so I could use ultrasn0w earlier versions and the ultrasn0w fixer as well.)

well, Iīm asking if someone could help me pointing if this could be the best option I have.

THANX IN ADVANCE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SsputniikK View Post
    Hello. Iīve been looking for info all this past week and couldnīt find any solution.
    I need to ask here, for if someone can help me. (sorry my english is very poor); Here I go.

* iPhone 3GS - BB 6.15 - Upgraded from 4.1 to 4.3.3 with snowbreeze 2.7.2 - Had to Hacktivate the ISPW, (no original sim..)

I have this famous NO SIGNAL (carrier) issue. So as I seem to canīt find any solution I was wondering if downgrading from 4.3.3 to 4.3.2 or 4.3.1 could help (so I could use ultrasn0w earlier versions and the ultrasn0w fixer as well.)

well, Iīm asking if someone could help me pointing if this could be the best option I have.

THANX IN ADVANCE
    Use tinyumbrella to remove sauriks hosts from your computer.

Default iphone 3gs no signal
    Hi!
    Same problem with iphone 3gs no ignal, or searching all times and unable to load network list.

Recently working well on 4.3.3 and after upgrade to ios5 beta7 problem.
    Downgrade to 4.3.2, 4.3.2,, 4.2.1 same problem. iPhone with t-com sim card, no ultrasnow.
    Tried with snowbreeze, redsnow etc... change sim, ultrasnow etc... same.
    Restore to original 4.3.5 itunes can't activate there is not sim card.
    Upgrade with ios5b7 jailbreak with redsnow, same problem.
    Downgrade back to 4.3.3 and hactivate with snowbreeze.
    All working well but still no signal.,,,,,,;-(
    Any IDEA!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try using tiny umbrella
    Quote Originally Posted by mesiko View Post
    Hi!
    Same problem with iphone 3gs no ignal, or searching all times and unable to load network list.

Recently working well on 4.3.3 and after upgrade to ios5 beta7 problem.
    Downgrade to 4.3.2, 4.3.2,, 4.2.1 same problem. iPhone with t-com sim card, no ultrasnow.
    Tried with snowbreeze, redsnow etc... change sim, ultrasnow etc... same.
    Restore to original 4.3.5 itunes can't activate there is not sim card.
    Upgrade with ios5b7 jailbreak with redsnow, same problem.
    Downgrade back to 4.3.3 and hactivate with snowbreeze.
    All working well but still no signal.,,,,,,;-(
    Any IDEA!!!!

Smile the new redsnow cures everything
    Download the new redsn0w 0.9.10b3 and enter DFU mode. Uncheck Install Cydia if you've already jailbroken, and check deactivate. Once the process ends and your phone reboots you should receive signal again.