Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
Thread: Neurotech [HD] Setupis a discussion within the
General iPhone Chatforums, a part of the
05-03-2011, 04:43 PM #1Neurotech [HD] Setup
This is still under construction
This page will be devoted to setting up your Neurotech theme as a companion page to the Neurotech release page.
This page will be optimized for Mobile Safari viewing
•You can follow Neurotech on Twitter to stay aware of the latest updates.
Setting up your Neurotech theme:
Apple's iOS is being updated faster than Saurik can update WinterBoard, so with iOS 4.0+, themes increasingly demand that you learn how to access your device's file system. There are a few ways to do this:
- WinterBoard Settings
- Transparent Icons
- Folder Backgrounds
- Loading Screens
- 5x5 or 7x5 Icon Springboard
- Mods I personally use with Neurotech
1. WinterBoard Settings:
This theme requires you to have SummerBoard Mode switched to "OFF"
- Neurotech: This is the main theme
- Neurotech Slider 1: This is the alternate slider - if your slider doesn't match the lockscreen image, you probably need to turn this on/off. Drag this above the main Neurotech [HD] theme in the WinterBoard list to activate it.
- Neurotech Slider 2: Same as Slider 1
2. Transparent Icons:
- Some of the icons will show up with a dark border around them, this is because of the files responsible for auto-skinning.
To show the icons as they are intended you need to find these files and rename them.
**Do not delete these files, only rename them**
- Navigate to: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/
- AppIconMask @2x.png
- AppIconOverlay @2x.png
- AppIconShadow @2x.png
- AppIconMask @2x.png
- Rename these three files by putting a "1" in the name so that it looks like this:
- 1AppIconMask @2x.png
- 1AppIconOverlay @2x.png
- 1AppIconShadow @2x.png
- 1AppIconMask @2x.png
- Respring by opening WinterBoard and make a change/ undo it so that the Respring button appears, then press it. I usually select SummerBoard Mode, then deselect it (Note: this theme requires SummerBoard Mode to be switched to [OFF])
3. Folder Backgrounds
- These are themed, however, I use and themed the FolderEnhancer mod. I suggest you need this mod.
- The official font for Neurotech [HD], I've decided, is Sony Sketch EF. It's futuristic looking and compliments my theme perfectly. If I mod any numbers from now on they will be in this font.
- Install BytaFont from Cydia, then install the Sony Sketch EF Regular front (also on Cydia).
- Open BytaFont and go to the Basic tab. Select the Sony font and apply it if it prompts you. Easy.
- Enjoy your awesome new look!
- Install SBSettings from Cydia. Swipe across the time on the status bar to activate SBSettings, select More -> SBSettings Themes -> Neurotech
- Neurotech [HD] wallpaper and lockscreen images install directly into Settings->Brightness & Wallpaper - The blue 5's are for use with the iPhone 5 and iPod Touch 5's tall screen.
7. Loading Screens:
- Loading screens used to be a separate download, now they're included in the main Neurotech download.
8. 5x5 Icon Springboard:
- To take advantage of the Neurotech [HD] wallpaper, you'll need to put 5 icons in the dock and 5x5 icons (For iPhone 5 you can use 7 rows by 5 columns no problem) on the springboard. There are two ways you can do this:
- Open Cydia, search for & install Five Icon Dock.
- Iconoclasm on Cydia is a great program with a lot of features and options.
- CustomGrid2 is what I use, and can be found in Cydia as well!
2. Mods I personally Use With Neurotech:
*If these have themeable parts I probably themed them*
- BytaFont w/ Sony Sketch EF Regular font
- CustomGrid 2
- Icon Thief
- QuickLock 2
- Sys Passwd
I have nothing to put here at the moment, but if you're having a problem PM me or email me at Jahooba[a]gmail.com
Last edited by Jahooba; 03-17-2013 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Added Link to iOS 5 Fix under "Troubleshooting"
01-19-2012, 07:32 AM #2
Last edited by Jahooba; 07-01-2012 at 11:16 PM.
11-01-2012, 11:42 PM #3
Jahooba, please consider taking a look at the thread I posted here.
I know you might not have your mind at Neurotech [HD] right now but it may really ease up the theme's setup updating Neurotech's Bundles to include a com.mobileicons.framework such as the one described/available in the linked topic.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alfroggy For This Useful Post:
02-06-2013, 06:22 PM #4
how do i "navigate" sorry im new to this :P and i was also wondering if there was a way to use the original iphone text messaging. i find the neurotech text messaging hard on the eyes
02-06-2013, 06:43 PM #5
To change the chat back to the original, navigate to /var/stash/themes/Neurotech HD/Bundles/ and rename the folder com.apple.chatkit so that it has a 1 in front of it. It should look like this: 1com.apple.chatkit - then respring. If you ever want the Neurotech chat bubbles back you simply remove the 1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:
02-14-2013, 05:08 PM #6
So I did everything it said, and the dock is not exactly right.. I tried to install the Ios 5 fix but that failed. So it would be nice to know whats the problem.
02-16-2013, 03:06 PM #7
02-16-2013, 03:27 PM #8
Destroy it ? lol
02-16-2013, 03:44 PM #9
02-16-2013, 03:51 PM #10
02-16-2013, 03:59 PM #11
The dangers of pirated software! Had it been a child with the device to his ear he may have blown his head clean-off.
04-09-2013, 02:04 PM #12
My music player is unaffected. How can I fix this?ffected. How can I fix this?
EDIT, nvm, I downloaded the wrong version
Last edited by LeroyFTW; 04-09-2013 at 02:50 PM.