+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Logic Board Swap = No Service

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I'll try to keep this short but would love any suggestions. I have two iPhone 4's; one I've used for a long time and it is on the 1.59.00 baseband
    Thanks

Default Logic Board Swap = No Service
    I'll try to keep this short but would love any suggestions.

I have two iPhone 4's; one I've used for a long time and it is on the 1.59.00 baseband (and it's 16GB). I just picked up another one that is at 4.3.2 (but the baseband is at 3.10.00 and 32GB).

I decided to swap the logic boards instead of swapping screens (I wanted the nicer screen from the 32GB iPhone with my unlocked board). No problems swapping the boards and both iPhones work.

The problem is with the unlocked logic board; it does not pick up cellular service unless I am in a place with a really strong signal. I have tried everything I can and still no luck. I restored it to 4.3.2 (preserved the baseband) and tried it as a "fresh" iPhone. I've checked and rechecked all the connections on the board and they look good. My SIM card is still good too as it is currently in the 32GB iPhone with a Gevey SIM.

Anyone have any guesses or suggestions?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Hey mate,

not sure if you still have this problem, but it could be solved by either replacing the Blue inductor Coil located down the bottom left where the antenna cable from the speaker module clicks into the logic board... Or you can bridge the gap with solder where the inductor coil used to be.. iPhone 4 No reception after screen replacement - MacRumors Forums Check this out... down at Post #8