+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 4.3.1 redsn0w Vibrate problem, thoughts?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I've also got the same problem. The Dev-Team released an update to redsn0w (RC10) which supposedly fixes the issue but it still happens to me. Anybody else had any luck
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I've also got the same problem. The Dev-Team released an update to redsn0w (RC10) which supposedly fixes the issue but it still happens to me. Anybody else had any luck with the update?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by n00bz0rd2 View Post
    I've also got the same problem. The Dev-Team released an update to redsn0w (RC10) which supposedly fixes the issue but it still happens to me. Anybody else had any luck with the update?
    As per @MN, "redsn0w rc10 released for Mac+Win ... Update #1 Dev-Team Blog - Three years of pwnage(tool) Added boot animations, removed misleading Settings".

No mention of vibrate switch fix.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good to see Musclenerd is on it

Thanks
    He fixed it. With RC11. You can see the release notes on iPhone dev blog.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Follow me @iiBuckner

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iiBuckner View Post
    He fixed it. With RC11. You can see the release notes on iPhone dev blog.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    i am with RC11..but still got this problem

Thanks
    Weird. According to this, it has been resolved. And reading what it says makes complete sense on how the side switch would act funny.

"Update #1:

Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because you’re not using an iPad). Release rc10 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts)."
    Follow me @iiBuckner

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    rc10 and rc11 only deals with extra settings and boot animation race conditions.
    There is no mention of the silent switch vibrate fix.

Maybe in rc12?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iiBuckner View Post
    Weird. According to this, it has been resolved. And reading what it says makes complete sense on how the side switch would act funny.

"Update #1:

Those running redsn0w may have noticed we enabled too many Settings options in some versions of the jailbreak (for instance, what you want your side switch to do, even if you have no side switch because you’re not using an iPad). Release rc10 of redsn0w corrects that (you can just run it over your existing jailbreak…be sure to de-select Cydia to avoid package conflicts)."
    i overwrite the RC9 with RC11..however still getting this problem..that's weird..
    anyone tried to re-break cleanly and got it fix?

Quote Originally Posted by natsgo View Post
    rc10 and rc11 only deals with extra settings and boot animation race conditions.
    There is no mention of the silent switch vibrate fix.

Maybe in rc12?
    let's hope so..although it's not a big deal..but quite irritating at times
    Last edited by kukujiao; 04-07-2011 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

yeah i was gonna say i can live with it but if there will be a fix ill run the jb again i like the boot logos and the fix would be nice.. waiting to hear when someone gets the good news..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the same problem. I just updated it with RC11 and its still doing it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Lot of people are having this problem. Including myself. Waiting at musclenerd for clarification. Even sn0wbreeze got that bug.

Thanks

lol at musclenerd? twitter is taking over the english language

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So, does this affect everyone who jailbreaks 4.3.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Funked's Avatar
    Thanks

I've got this same problem. I updated to 4.3.1 stock in iTunes, jailbroke with redsn0w. But I then decided that I wanted the multitouch gestures, so I used sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware, and used that to restore via iTunes. I'm getting the same vibrate bug, so this may be a bug related to 4.3.1 fw itself rather than redsn0w (since currently I'm not jailbroken with redsn0w, rather a custom fw like I said).

Also I'm noticing that when I recieve a SMS text message, it vibrates once as normal then like 2-5 mins later it vibrates again. I know it's meant to vibrate twice to remind you, but it still vibrates for a second time even when I'm literally replying to the text. I thought it was only meant to vibrate again if you don't respond to the first notification? I think 4.3.1 has some bugs, so hopefully 4.3.2 will fix them.

iPad 2 16GB Wifi iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe
    iPhone 4S 16GB iOS 5.0.1 - Absinthe

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Funked View Post
    I've got this same problem. I updated to 4.3.1 stock in iTunes, jailbroke with redsn0w. But I then decided that I wanted the multitouch gestures, so I used sn0wbreeze to create a custom firmware, and used that to restore via iTunes. I'm getting the same vibrate bug, so this may be a bug related to 4.3.1 fw itself rather than redsn0w (since currently I'm not jailbroken with redsn0w, rather a custom fw like I said).

Also I'm noticing that when I recieve a SMS text message, it vibrates once as normal then like 2-5 mins later it vibrates again. I know it's meant to vibrate twice to remind you, but it still vibrates for a second time even when I'm literally replying to the text. I thought it was only meant to vibrate again if you don't respond to the first notification? I think 4.3.1 has some bugs, so hopefully 4.3.2 will fix them.
    Pretty sure these are only issues with jailbroken 4.3.1.

Thanks

Same thing. It vibrated when I switch it to ringer on, but doesn't when I switch it off. But only sometimes..... lol not a big deal.

Twitter: @tshoults

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have this issue too!! It's so frustrating. It seems that whether or not the vibrate is correct the phone still stays in silent mode when the switch is in silent position, but regardless, it is very annoying. I restored to un-jailbreak and it worked fine...I am on rc12 and it's not fixed :/ want a fix! Lol.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    So much for the only "con" to jailbreaking being you must re-jailbreak after each upgrade.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

4.3.1 stock is perfect. no vibrate bug. with jailbreak redsn0w and/or sn0wbreeze you will have this bug. So its a jailbreak bug and not a 4.3.1 bug. Its not a limera1n jailbreak exploit bug because sn0wbreeze and redsn0w didnt had that problem before when they used the limera1n exploit into their programs. But when they did the untether it started. So i think its related to the untether jailbreak exploit bug.

Thanks

its a problem with the untether... sn0w breeze tethered did not have this bug, 4.3.1 does not have this bug and once redsn0w came out with the untethered 4.3.1 jb this bug came out.. now sn0wbreeze uses the same (i0n1c) untether and now has the bug in it.. 2 questions now are does everyone get this bug or a handful cause it doesnt seem to be very discussed and are they working on a fix.. rc12 is out and it still does not correct it
    Last edited by StayyyFlyyy; 04-14-2011 at 10:28 AM.