Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
09-29-2007, 10:23 PM #1Suggestions would be VERY helpful~
i've been browsing the forums and the site for abt 2 weeks now, and i always wanted to mod my iphone. But i wanted to ensure myself a way to restore back to unmodded, but with my music. But after the 1.1.1 update came out, it seemed like to restore back is impossible. Im still using 1.02. But just in case does anyone know how to completely go back and restore with everything on it.
Help would be greatly appreciated
09-29-2007, 10:26 PM #2
There is a way to go back from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2 now.
But just to be sure for now...do not upgrade your firmware.
09-29-2007, 10:30 PM #3
But should i mod my phone? cuz apptapp jailbreaks the iphone right? but i want a way back. (ill never update! not in my life)
09-29-2007, 10:32 PM #4
why not...PIMP your iphone...youre fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to SundayDuffer For This Useful Post:
09-29-2007, 11:11 PM #5
Sorr for asking another question, but on some guides it tells u just to run apptapp to install it, while on others it also tells u to type these codes and stuff. Which i dont kind of get. like on the modmyi guide it tells u to input like..
Manually Install Installer.app
1. Download Installer.app ZIP file from Nullriver, unzip, and move into your local “phonedmg” folder with your usual drag-and-drop interactions. Make this folder, if necessary: ~/phonedmg/Applications/
2. Shut down iTunes, and use Activity Monitor to quit iTunesHelper. (see iActivator guide for details, it should be familiar from step #2 above) Getting_Started_iPhone_Modding
3. Open iActivator, and do a Jailbreak, or use your preferred method.
4. Open Terminal on your Mac.
5. Find your iPhone’s IP address: iPhone > Settings > WiFi > blue-arrow on current network > 10.0.1.4 (sample address) We’ll use the IP address 10.0.1.4 in this guide. Your IP will probably vary, so remember to replace it with yours each time you see in the code examples.
6. Type (replacing with your iPhone’s IP address)
how would i do it?
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM #6
pc or mac? ( i assume mac)
09-29-2007, 11:16 PM #7
09-29-2007, 11:27 PM #8
crap. access to a PC?
Anyway you need app tapp, but this link is for windows http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5273 (incase you get around a pc)
Last edited by one1; 09-29-2007 at 11:33 PM.
09-29-2007, 11:35 PM #9
but i got apptapp for mac. but im just not sure if i should just install it or the other way listed in the guide in modmyi. cuz i have to type all these codes
09-29-2007, 11:36 PM #10
See that's what I am saying... if you had it on a PC it is ONE CLICK. "install"
If you get that option on the mac, do it.
09-30-2007, 02:29 AM #11
↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews