Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
02-17-2011, 07:59 AM #1Safari won't start/frozen - Iphone 4, 4.2.1 JB
I know there are other threads on this topic, but none of them seem to address my exact issue.
I am running an iPhone 4 with 4.2.1 that I recently JB'd. Everything is working fine but Safari.
- It won't start, appears to be frozen
- All icons are greyed out except the bookmark menu and the new window button. But, I can't press those
- can't input anything in search or address bar
- "+" button appears to be missing
- it will quit if left open for about 10 seconds
- I have cleared history, cookies, cache
- Done reset
- As far as I know I don't have Safari Download Manager installed. I didn't install it, and I don't see the icon for it that you see in some youtube videos.
Does anyone have ANY other suggestions to try?
Right now I am just running Atomic which works fine. I just don't like having a function completely broken on my iPhone, and I do like Safari for some things.
Thanks for any suggestions.
02-17-2011, 08:22 AM #2
02-17-2011, 08:45 AM #3
I haven't installed many packages yet. SBS Settings, Lockinfo, bite SMS. Same things I had when I was running 4.01 Jailbroken for the last year or so.
Adblocker is installed but I shut it off because I wasn't sure if it was reacting with Safari in any way.
If there is anything else I should be mentioning let me know. I don't know what info is needed.
02-17-2011, 08:46 AM #4
02-17-2011, 08:58 AM #5
02-17-2011, 09:10 AM #6
02-17-2011, 09:39 AM #7
Thanks for the help. I guess I will start with uninstalling Cydia apps to see what happens. I just hope I don't have to restore and Jailbreak again. I just got everything up and running great after being on 4.0.1 since it came out. I don't want to start all over lol.
I guess there is no way to just reinstall Safari on it's own?
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM #8
05-23-2011, 08:56 PM #9
Hey, I need your help aswell... My iPod in version 4.3.3 and I jailbroke mine with redsn0w... PLEASE HELP!! im having the EXACT same problems as the ones described above! Plz reply quick! Thankyou
05-24-2011, 12:30 PM #10
It's ad-blocker , turn it off or remove it and it should be fixed