Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone No WiFi When Locked, Didn't Happen Before...

Default iPhone No WiFi When Locked, Didn't Happen Before...
    Hi all,

I got an iPhone 4 about six days ago and used redsn0w to apply a tethered jailbreak to my iPhone. Didn't have any problems, but for some reason today when I lock my phone I lose Wi-Fi after like half a min.

I've read that this is a feature of the iPhone to preserve battery or something, but it never did this before. Now when I use apps like Meebo it will lose its connection when I lock the screen.

Is there a particular reason for this? The latest thing I did was to install OpenSSH and install a few themes.

Thanks

Edit: I have also noticed that, before if I leave my phone idle, the screen will dim and usually turn off. But now for some reason it automatically turns itself back on from an idle state. It didn't use to do this either.
    Last edited by Migrashin; 12-28-2010 at 10:08 AM.

Thanks

I thought wifi shut off when the phone was locked? Either way, look for Insomnia on Cydia. It keeps your wifi active when locked.

Yeah that's what I read as well. But before today I would use Meebo over wifi and it would never disconnect. Now the wifi drops and Meebo will disconnect.

So it must have been something related to jailbreaking that did this. Also does Insomnia eat up the battery, more so then just the wifi running?
    Last edited by Migrashin; 12-28-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Thanks

It wouldn't necessarily be insomnia eating battery, it would all depend on the traffic from meebo.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi