+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: don't go to the genius bar with your iphone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i just came back from a visit at the apple store and saw a couple people with the invalid sim error, and notice apple genius bar tech pretending to inspect
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation don't go to the genius bar with your iphone
    i just came back from a visit at the apple store and saw a couple people with the invalid sim error, and notice apple genius bar tech pretending to inspect your phone like they can do something for you maybe and then write down your IMEI # and SN # from the back of the iphone to a sheet paper that was filled with imei# and sn# and then they also entered it in their system on the computer to report iphones that have voided warrenty into there system and then brings them back their phone and tell them they couldnt do anything for them and your best bet would be to buy another phone or pop your sim into another phone to work, because they voided their warrenty.

didnt happen to me but i seen it happen to a few guys a head of me in the apple store. lucky i saw what was happenin and changed my mind and walked out.

and claiming that you have a aT&T prepaid goPhone does NOT work..

i think your best bet is to wait till a unbrick method release or grab a big strong magnet and mess up your phone and claim your phone is broken.
    Last edited by vdz415; 09-28-2007 at 06:09 PM.

Owner / Founder - ModMyi
    aka poetic_folly
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,797 Times in 1,222 Posts

Nice. They are ALL over this.

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

thanx for the tips
     Think Different

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I ran into one of those genius bar kids at my local apple store, he was being nosy and notice my phone was unlocked while i was asking him about iphone accessories, what a goof! He stated, oh' i never saw a unlocked iphone in person, how did you do it? I told him it was simple and at&t sucks monkey balls and walked out!