Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone mobilesubstrate crash

Default IPhone mobilesubstrate crash
    Hey all,

My iPhone 3GS for some reason is crashing at random times. The screen freezes and after 30 secs or so the phone goes back to the lockscreen with blank black wallpaper. When I unlock it i get a message saying something like... my phone has crashes and mobilesubstrate saved me by disabling all mobilesubstrate extensions.

iOS: 4.1
    Apps installed:

Winterboard
    Lockinfo
    Multi icon mover
    Backgrounder
    Wifi sync
    Activator
    Veency
    Five icon dock + switcher
    Safari download manager

I used crashreporter and there was a crash log for Springboard: http://pastebin.com/URqbUfXw

Any idea what might be causing the crash?
    Last edited by arvz; 12-12-2010 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Pasted the crash log on pastebin instead of posting it here (too long!)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Does Cydia show any updates?
    What Cydia repos did you add?

no updates to download from cydia.

the only repos I added is iClarified

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It's likely a Mobile Substrate /Library/Mobile Subtrate/DynanicLib item is causing the crash.

You could try removing the obvious non-essential items, ie: Lockinfo, 5-icon dock+switcher, WiFi Sync, multi icon mover to isolate the issue, then all. Reboot between each.

If you have SHSH blobs, a clean restore + install after setup phone as new seems to works best.

I actually already did a clean restore however I restored from a backup instead of setting up as a new iphone. The problem still persisted after restoring however I noticed it's a lot less often. Before it happened at least once or twice a day, and now I've only seen it happen a couple of times in the last week or so

If it happens again I'll try reinstalling apps one by one to see which one is causing it

thanks

Hi, i have a 3G on 4.1. It was JB with redsn0w and unlocked with ultrasn0w. a few days ago, when i updated ultrasn0w, it also updated mobile substrate and crashed the phone. it entered in a boot loop. I restored to 4.1 custom made with snowbreeze but now when i try to install ultrasn0w (that also comes with mobile substrate) the phone crashes every time it tries to install mobile substrate.
    I saw in this thread that many had a similar problem. Is there any solution to the problem since i need the unlock because i'm with a different carrier...