Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3Gs will not send mms pics...HELP!

Default 3Gs will not send mms pics...HELP!
    I have a 3Gs with 4.1 jailbroken with limera1n firmware 05.14.02 and I cannot send pictures. It sends texts fine and it receives both texts and pictures fine...but when I try to send them it gets 3/4 of the way and then the ! comes up...failure to send I have 4 bars so that shouldn't be the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

you can always ask your provider to reset your network.. odd how you cannot send mms. can you receive ?

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Try entering same mode then sending a picture

Enter Safe Mode:
    Open SBSettings->Power->Same Mode

If it works fully in safe mode then the problem is from a package you installed from cydia

You could try using/getting "BiteSMS" from cydia

If it's a problem with a package from cydia please respond and I'll be happy to tell you how to quick check the problem and solve the problem in about 2-5min

Else keep talking

Yes, my phone receives pictures and texts just fine. It sends texts fine...just will not follow through with sending pics.

@BenderRodriguez:

OK, so I'm feeling kinda nooby here...but...how do I get to safe mode again? I went to settings but I'm assuming that is not the sbsettings you were talking about.

OK, in safe mode...trying to send pic again but still hanging at 3/4 then failure. So I guess I'm just s.o.l. huh? LOL
    Last edited by CoJenKy; 12-11-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

SBSettings is free in cydia

After getting SBSettings you activate it by sliding a finger left or right along the top clock bar

This app is the number 2 reason for jailbreaking

I got it. Did it. Didn't fix the problem. So I guess my cydia and apps are ok...beginning to think I'm S.O.L. I also went to settings and reset network settings...to no avail

I have the same problem and havent been able to send MMS for a while now.... just couldnt be bothered to find out why! everything else works perfectly - my problem is exactly the same as yours.

I have a 3gs running 4.1. I don't think the problem is with 4.1 I have had this problem since day one. I cannot send mms on edge. sends them fine on 3g. Every time I try to send one on edge and it fails I report it to ATT but to no avail. Have you tried to send mms on 3g?

Thanks

I have a 3GS Jailbroken in 4.1 and it sends find in edge or 3G

Does it fail immediately or right when its almost done sending the text?

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    I have a 3GS Jailbroken in 4.1 and it sends find in edge or 3G

Does it fail immediately or right when its almost done sending the text?
    when it is almost complete, it just stops and sits there until it apparantly times out and you get that little red exclamation mark.

Thanks

And it doesn't work in safe mode either whil on edge?

Does it work in safe mode on 3G?

i am having the same problem. jb 3g 4.2.1
    my wife has non jb i4 4.2.1 and she has the same problem. only have problem on edge. while in 3g it sends fine

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nck1 View Post
    i am having the same problem. jb 3g 4.2.1
    my wife has non jb i4 4.2.1 and she has the same problem. only have problem on edge. while in 3g it sends fine
    Take the non jb to Apple and show them what's going on to see what they can do

Quote Originally Posted by BenderRodriguez View Post
    Take the non jb to Apple and show them what's going on to see what they can do
    the closest apple store is 5 hours away. i was hoping someone here could help. we called and showed ATT and they didnt know what was wrong.

Thanks

Have you tried 1-800-My-iPhone?
    Is either phone still under warranty?