Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: clicking option+restore?

Default clicking option+restore?
    i just got home with my iphone and i barely got into the guide when i hit my first speedbump. when it asks me to restore i select option+restore and it gives me the option of how to restore my iphone. it gives me a list of pretty much everything on my laptop to choose from. i find the 1.0.2 firmware on my desktop but it just directs me further into the folder and i do not know what item to select before i click on "choose". im afraid if i dont get this right it will send me to restore with 1.1.1.....any advice on making sure i get this right?

i'd be curious to know what file to select as well. i'm unlocking a friend's tomorrow and am a bit nervous as it's no longer as straightforward as it was before!

Default hmm
    all i can say is dont do it for now just wait, i restored mine to 1.1.1 latnight and it bricked my phone i did some hacking for bout 3 hours got my phone back up but i cant jail break or even use my phone..even if you got to your 1.0.2 it wont update it to 1.0.2 through shift+restore , it will send your phone to recovery mode and you will be forced to restore to 1.1.1

it won't allow you to downgrade firmware...

but if you haven't installed 1.1.1 according to the instructions on this site, option-restore will let you choose the firmware and away you go...

When you download the firmware update, you simply click on the first folder without selecting anything inside it. It will then allow you to continue. You can optionally use Firefox etc... instead of safari to download the firmware and that will keep the firmware file intact (with the .ipsw extension) instead of extracting it as Safari always does. You then just browse to that file and voila.
    Last edited by CD65; 09-29-2007 at 05:14 AM.