+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone Screen Keeps Resizing

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I jailbroke my previous 3GS and had some issues after restoring it. I went and got an iphone 4 and it still has the same issue. You can see it
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default iPhone Screen Keeps Resizing
    I jailbroke my previous 3GS and had some issues after restoring it. I went and got an iphone 4 and it still has the same issue. You can see it in the video here of my iphone here [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9AnnniaPes]YouTube - iPhone problem[/ame]
    The screen zooms in just a little and its really annoying. I jailbroke the iphone 4, installed winterboard and then uninstalled it and it didn't help. I'm pretty much a noob but have been doing this since the 1st gen iphone so maybe i'm missing something really obvious. Any input is appreciated

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 14,806 Times in 6,884 Posts

If you are restoring a backup every time you may want to try setting it up as new to see if that takes care of the problem. By restoring from backup every time it can bring back the same problems you may have had before restoring.

Watched the video and not quite understanding what your issue is.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i've been searching for a way to do that but then import or retain my texts. any good way to do that?

Thanks

You can try iphone backup extractor or juicephone to extract stuff from your backup.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    i got the sms database but i'm worried about not being able to get it back on the phone w/o jailbreaking

oh...i guess i should elaborate on the issue. You can see at the bottom theres about 5 or 6 lines of pixels that are cut off. You can see the screen is fine when cydia opens (it happens with every screen cydia just shows it off better on camera) but after about a half a second it zooms a little cutting the bottom off.
    Last edited by bootx2; 11-11-2010 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Aah ok, I see it now. That is very strange. You may have to jailbreak again to put the sms back, not sure though.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    bump back to the top.

I restored then re jailbroke on 4.1 and it was fine after i installed the standard programs (sbsettings and winterboard) so i think it must be something to do with those. Recently the problem came back and now my screen will go black every once in a while. I can still click on things it is just blacked out. I really dont feel like starting over with a fresh install as i figure putting my sms's back on wont turn out very well. Any advice or help?

Thanks

Does it only happen when you are jb'ed?

The video was trippy cause you filmed a iphone, watched it on an iphone, filmed it, then i watched it on my iPhone
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yes, the zooming/resizing carries over to a restore w/no jailbreak