+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Question] Apache/PHP/MySQL and running a webserver on an iDevice (iOS 4.0+)

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Code: Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on /dev/disk0s1s1 750M 524M 220M 71% / devfs 27K 27K 0 100% /dev /dev/disk0s1s2 6.7G 350M 6.3G 6% /private/var
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Code:
    Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
    /dev/disk0s1s1        750M  524M  220M  71% /
    devfs                  27K   27K     0 100% /dev
    /dev/disk0s1s2        6.7G  350M  6.3G   6% /private/var

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So your plan is to install a fully working xampp (compressed size (tar.gz) is 92 MB) and still have place for caching and PHP + database files on 220 MB?

I don't really believe that it is possible..

But, darn, i really thought of buying one of those.. a 99$ private server would be nice...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

no i think installing everything on
    Code:
    /dev/disk0s1s2        6.7G  350M  6.3G   6% /private/var
    here we got enough space. its also space for caching but you can install everything u want here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Arh, lol.

Didn't see that one.. xD

But i think that the problem is to find that ARM based MySQL. Apache should be able to run on it, and so should PHP. Maybe i will just settle with that.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i found this howto for gcc tools, so i hope we would be able to compile a running build of mysql

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Well, i don't really like that i don't have anymore space for files and have to share with the cache..

I consider buying an used ATV1, cost about 150$..

Edit: But i am currently trying the tut out on my iTouch
    Last edited by kentora93; 02-26-2011 at 03:46 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i also thought about another mini pc
    i have a zotac mag that i can use for this but i like the apple tv2 because it just uses 8W for power supply so i dont mind if its on or off

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey you? Wanna see my localhost.err file?

Well, here it is:

110227 00:46:46 mysqld started
    InnoDB: The first specified data file ./ibdata1 did not exist:
    InnoDB: a new database to be created!
    110227 0:46:46 InnoDB: Setting file ./ibdata1 size to 10 MB
    InnoDB: Database physically writes the file full: wait...
    110227 0:46:47 InnoDB: Log file ./ib_logfile0 did not exist: new to be created
    InnoDB: Setting log file ./ib_logfile0 size to 5 MB
    110227 0:46:48 InnoDB: Log file ./ib_logfile1 did not exist: new to be created
    InnoDB: Setting log file ./ib_logfile1 size to 5 MB
    InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer not found: creating new
    InnoDB: Doublewrite buffer created
    InnoDB: Creating foreign key constraint system tables
    InnoDB: Foreign key constraint system tables created
    110227 0:46:49 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 0
    110227 0:46:50 [Note] /var/root/mysql//libexec/mysqld: ready for connections.
    Version: '5.0.45' socket: '/tmp/mysql.sock' port: 3306 Source distribution
    !!!
    Last edited by kentora93; 02-26-2011 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Spelling, d'oh

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

whoa nice
    did you compile it from source?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

No, i used that package i have, and i modded it.

But now i need the header file for PHP to communicate with the server.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If we can find a "legality hole" in this, I wold be happy to set up a website (kinda like blog.iphone-dev.org) for this. There are a lot of people who are interested in this, and I really think this concept may be the future of computing.

If there are any legal junkies out there who can confirm this, I will get a site set up in no time (who know, hopefully we can get it running on an iOS device

Feel free to PM me, or just reply if you think you have an answer.

If I recall, jailbreaking an iPhone is legal (ruled on by the FCC), in which case we can set up the site with "the intent for use with iPhone." If someone knows where to find this ruling, please let me know.

Lol, answered my own question

U.S. Copyright Office - Anticircumvention Rulemaking
    (english) The Wise Guide : It's a Jailbreak!

Basically, we can jailbreak out iPhones! w00t!

I will get crackin' on this project ASAP.

Any thoughts on a blog vs. a forum?
    Last edited by Nitroware; 08-02-2011 at 05:29 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

--- edit (a cup of coffee later) ---

So I finished setting up the site, and then I hope to get a more concise version of this article up...

Nitroware iOS Web Server | iOS Apache | iOS HTTPD Server: Welcome!

Any volunteers that can summarize these 4 pages of posts for the new site?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Is'n it a possibility first by uncommenting the lines with "MYsql" in the file "php.ini.h"?

How do you complete the installation on Mysql? I tried but without sucess...

I also tried to run apache but the "libarmfp.dylib" is missing like "/usr/local/arm-apple-darwin/lib/libgcc_s.1.dylib" for mysql but there is a libgcc I downloaded which is in : "/usr/lib/libgcc_s.10.5.dylib" and "/usr/lib/libgcc_s.10.4.dylib"

No idea?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Installing Apache.zip
    I've been following this thread for a while, but I haven't been able to find out what to do with the Apache.zip file provided on page 2.

Some sources (for cydia) that I've found to be quite helpful are
    1. Theworm Cydia Repository
    2. CoreDev Cydia repository

theworm.tw was where I found the gcc tools, and coredev.nl is where I found perl (v5).

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, I couldn't find it so thought I'd share

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Post Download php.gz and php-cgi.gz!
    Hello everyone,

First of all, I hope this topic has not gone dead!

Secondly, therealduckie is correct; the version of PHP provided with iPHPPod does not have the MySQL module installed.

Thirdly and probably most importantly, I have acquired a copy of the php.gz and php-cgi.gz files that used to be available at www.wickedpsycked.com! You can download them here! (I have also included Apache.zip and mysql.tgz)

Apparently, the version of PHP that was provided at http://www.wickedpsyched.com/iphone/drupal is compiled with the necessary MySQL module.

Unfortunately, I have been unable to correctly install Apache and this version of PHP. I personally have tried to get Apache configured and running, but without any luck. The only directions that I can find online are outdated and say to install Apache from the BigBoss repo, which no longer seems to have Apache available. Hopefully, someone else here will be able to correctly install Apache and post detailed instructions on how to install it and configure it to load the PHP module. (I have already tried to follow the instructions provided at iAMPS)

Good luck everyone!
    Last edited by alex_rosenberg35; 11-24-2011 at 11:46 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Files
    Hi I was wondering if you could post the mysql file....megaupload was shutdown
    Quote Originally Posted by therealduckie View Post
    First off-- This is a serious discussion. Please don't do/say the following:
    • "What's the point"
    • "This is stupid"
    • "What a waste of time"
    • "It can't be done"
    • "WAHhhh...it will waste your battery/wifi/disk writing"
    • "SQLite works fine"
    • Or any derivative of this

I will report ALL nasty comments and derogatory statements to the mods. Be respectful.

Yes yes, I know...there's already THREADS FOR THIS, but look closely and you will see they are outdated by 3 years. 2007 and iOS 1.0/Installer.app was a LONG time ago. Also, none of them cover how to get MySQL working. Only PHP and Apache. Plus, the packages they reference are gone.

I need this in order to demo sites for clients and to have a development machine at all times so I can test new code, hook to a db and more. This is [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]not[/COLOR] a hobby.

As of now I have PHP and lighttpd (plus 'lighttpd SBSettings') installed via Cydia. (note: PHP installs via iPHPPod). I was able to find an iPhone friendly version of MySQL here: LINK (directions for installing are included in a readme)

Now, that said PHP does not see MySQL. PHP doesn't have the MySQL module/extension installed. It only has a PDO for attaching to SQLite. Problem is, most web apps (Wordpress, etc) need MySQL to work. SQLite doesn't have the same parameters as MySQL. In fact i find ZERO information on how to attach it or use it. There's no username/password/server address like with MySQL. BUT THAT DOESN'T MATTER. I do NOT want to use SQLite. I can't. Besides, it's slow. I already tried it.

Note: Wordpress does have a PLUGIN that allows you to use SQlite, but what about all the other apps I want to install? No options.

phpmyadmin also doesn't work. Without MySQL it won't work. It can't.

So, the point of this thread is:

How do we attach PHP/Apache/MySQL and have a full running webserver on our iDevice?

I have searched for 3 days and my Google-Fu is strong. However, nothing relative to this exists. It seems odd there's no package for this, anywhere. There used to be a great tutorial HERE, but all the files are gone.

So, let's get this going. I know someone has to be interested.

I have included a screenshot of phpinfo running to prove it is a working server. Now it needs MySQL to be a better, more usable, server.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys,
    I've been looking for the same thing : Apache MySQL Php (and why not phpMyAdmin) on iDevices.
    So I've started to compile them 4 months ago. And the result, I made it, it's working on my Jailbreak iPad 3, under iOS 5.1.1 :
    • httpd-2.4.2 OK
    • mysql-5.5.25 OK
    • php-5.4.4 OK
    • phpMyAdmin-3.5.2 OK
    For now, I launch Apache and MySQL on command line.
    So right now, I'm developing a clean apple application that I will put on AppStore, I hope at the end of October.
    I will keep you in touch when it will be available.
    See you around.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nouatzi View Post
    Hi guys,
    I've been looking for the same thing : Apache MySQL Php (and why not phpMyAdmin) on iDevices.
    So I've started to compile them 4 months ago. And the result, I made it, it's working on my Jailbreak iPad 3, under iOS 5.1.1 :
    • httpd-2.4.2 OK
    • mysql-5.5.25 OK
    • php-5.4.4 OK
    • phpMyAdmin-3.5.2 OK
    For now, I launch Apache and MySQL on command line.
    So right now, I'm developing a clean apple application that I will put on AppStore, I hope at the end of October.
    I will keep you in touch when it will be available.
    See you around.
    Cant wait.
    Any news on that project?
    Would love to test it at least

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hi guys !
    Here's some news :
    The transition from an jailbreak idevice to a clean one was really difficult... knowing that on jailbreak idevice, you can fork(), pthread_create and others stuffs (needed by apache-mysql-php) easily !!!
    but on a clean idevice, there is a lot restrictions that I have to deal with !!
    well, finally, I think I've made it again... I've managed to compile apache as a static library, php as static module for apache, and mysql as static library (things needed by a clean idevice).
    so now I'm working on the GUI, and after that, I'll run some bench tests to see if everything's going fine.
    and the final step will be the Apple's approval. Knowing that apache-mysql-php are under GPL licence (same problem with VLC and Apple), so we'll see about that.
    And even if Apple doesn't approve the app, I'll put it on cydia and other repositories.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

For guys who have an AppleTV or who can't wait:
    If your device is jailbroken and if you are satisfied with Lighttpd you can use my 'just one click' iOS-WebStack solution.
    With this composition you get a full web stack to host your own content.

It includes:
    • Lighttpd v1.4.31
    • MySQL v5.1.66
    • PHP v5.4.8 (with GD, MySQL, XSLT and more)
    • Libpng v1.2.50
    • Libjpeg v8d

Just add the repo source http://ios-webstack.tk/cydia/ in cydia or to your source lists in /etc/apt/sources.list.d .

If you have installed 'PHP' and 'mysql' from cydia, please remove this packages befor you install my iOS-WebStack solution.
    • If you have an AppleTV please install the package 'atv-lighttpd-php-mysql'. After that please open the site http://ip_addresse_of_your_atv and setup MySQL with Adminer.
    • If you have an iPad/iPhone/iPod please install the package 'ios-lighttpd-php-mysql'. After that please start Safari and open the site http://localhost and setup MySQL with Adminer. (Please really use Safari. E.g. iOS Chrome has some problems with 'Login Pages'.)

You will also find some example web content packages:
    • Wordpress
    • WebsiteBaker
    • ownCloud
    • phpMyAdmin

If you need more information, please have a look at:
    code.google.com/p/cydia-ios-lighttpd-php-mysql-web-stack/wiki/Main
    Last edited by Anrugas; 11-11-2012 at 07:16 PM.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123