Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [Question] Apache/PHP/MySQL and running a webserver on an iDevice (iOS 4.0+)

Quote Originally Posted by therealduckie View Post
    Yes, very much so, Please.
    Here it is, on the tech forums I administrate. I had to upload it on another forum, due to server differences. You may/may not have to register on Gobaka, I haven't looked at the permissions yet. It's a 10.7 MB ish file.

iOS Friendly MySQL

Viola.

Yes, you have to register to download it. Can I put it on another server like Mediafire?

Thanks, also.

Yes, you have to register to download it. Can I put it on another server like Mediafire?

Thanks, also.
    Hey, it's not my file; I can't take credit for it.

Go ahead, the more widely available things like this are, the better for us all.

If you get it working within PHP, can you post back here saying how you did it?

I've reached the point where I have MySQL running rock solid, but I have to make it's functions available in PHP.

Kamikengen,

What terminal commands did you use to install this? I see no documentation within the package that it is ARM specific or that it will run on an iPhone.

Also, where did you find it?

Thanks

Kamikengen,

What terminal commands did you use to install this? I see no documentation within the package that it is ARM specific or that it will run on an iPhone.

Also, where did you find it?

Thanks
    Okay, install instructions are here as follows:

1. Open an SSH session to your iDevice
    2. Extract the contents of the tgz archive to your /var/root folder, so that the contents are under the mysql directory.
    3. In your SSH client, navigate to /var/root/mysql/bin
    4. Type (without the apostrophes, obviously) './mysql_install_db'
    5. The installer will set up your basic grant tables, and set up the basic root accounts
      I'm sure you can go from here, as setting up your server.
    6. To start the server, navigate to /var/root/mysql/bin, and run './mysqld --user=root' If you don't add the --user suffix, the MySQL daemon will not start, due to security restrictions on starting the executable with the root account.

From there on, I'm stuck.

I got this from an article somewhere; I can't remember where it was, or if it still exists. I do remember that it was a Megaupload link. Meh, all that matters that is that we have it now.

Ok, so that's the normal Linux How-To, so I should be good. I will let you know about my progress. Might be later tonight...but might also be tomorrow. I might get sucked back into Minecraft lol

Ok, so that's the normal Linux How-To, so I should be good. I will let you know about my progress. Might be later tonight...but might also be tomorrow. I might get sucked back into Minecraft lol
    Ah, thanks.

I've tried to modify the existing PHP config files, but either I'm not doing it right (most likely) or there's no changes being applied. I think a new PHP install has to be build, with MySQL support enabled at build time.

Thanks again.

Ok, so here's my first impressions (and results) after installing it:

1. There are no extensions installed. Most likely means this package will not be able to tie into PHP. Extensions needs to go directly into the PHPO install in order to work. No luck.

2. Starting the MySQL server (which, by the way, starts with "mysqld_safe" not "mysqld") kills the PHP server from outside access. I have to reboot the iPhone to get PHP working as a server again. It works internally (I can visit my sites via iPhone's Safari) but I can not serve the pages to my Computer.

3. I can not SSH into my iPhone after starting the MySQL server because it locks port 22

Ok, so here's my first impressions (and results) after installing it:

1. There are no extensions installed. Most likely means this package will not be able to tie into PHP. Extensions needs to go directly into the PHPO install in order to work. No luck.

2. Starting the MySQL server (which, by the way, starts with "mysqld_safe" not "mysqld") kills the PHP server from outside access. I have to reboot the iPhone to get PHP working as a server again. It works internally (I can visit my sites via iPhone's Safari) but I can not serve the pages to my Computer.

3. I can not SSH into my iPhone after starting the MySQL server because it locks port 22
    1. I agree. Although, if you go to (if you have lighttpd installed, like I do) /usr/lib/lighttpd/, the file mod_mysql_vhost.so may help. As you can most likely tell, this far in, I'm out of my depth.

2. Starting the mysql server can be done with the mysqld file for me, with no consequences to PHP running. I can still serve files.

3. I can SSH into my iPod Touch fine, even with mysql running.

EDIT: MySQL starts with mysqld, from a different directory, /var/root/mysql/ibexec
    If you want any details about my iOS environment for comparison, I'll help out the best that I can.
    Last edited by Kamikengen; 11-14-2010 at 09:47 PM.

First. Thanks for the file! Been looking for that for some while now!

BUT!: when i perform step number 4. (./mysql_install_db), i get the following error message:
    ./mysql_install_db: line 118: my_print_defaults: command not found
    FATAL ERROR Didn't find /var/root/mysql/libexec/mysqld
    You should do a 'make install' before executing this script

what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by kentora View Post
    First. Thanks for the file! Been looking for that for some while now!

BUT!: when i perform step number 4. (./mysql_install_db), i get the following error message:
    ./mysql_install_db: line 118: my_print_defaults: command not found
    FATAL ERROR Didn't find /var/root/mysql/libexec/mysqld
    You should do a 'make install' before executing this script

what to do?
    What directory are you running the installer from? Make sure the account you are using is root.

I'm not the best person to be asking, but that's what immediately comes to mind.

Shameless bump.

I'm still surprised NO ONE else other than 3 or 4 people are interested in this project.

Anyone that can help, please contribute!

Allright. I got somewhere now i think!

you have to open the "mysql_install_db" file and replace:

• replace "mysql//" with "mysql/"
    • replace "/var/" with /private/var/

Now you should be able to install mysql. I hope. xD

hi
    are there any progress on this project? id like to use this on my apple tv2

Allright, so for some reason my previous profile got deactivated, without me knowing when and why.

But. The progress is that i have been able to install according to the things i wrote prev, but then i had to restore, and know its not working .

But please try! Need for restore is worst thing that can happen, and we would really like to hear your results!

Regards
    Kentora

Okay, so searching a little on google i suddenly saw this very interesting artice on awkwardTV's wiki. They state to have an ATV running XAMPP, and yes. There is a download link!

Pregi, i think you should try it out, and please let us know how it went! I myself do consider buying an ATV to have it running as both media and webserver (for private use only. Might use it for printserver to and maybe even more.. )

If the download link for some reason ever breaks, please let me know, i have the package, and will try to keep it save.

Regards,
    Kentora

did u mean that osx xampp build (xampp-macosx-0.7.2.tar.gz) or did i miss something on that site?
    this build would work on apple tv 1 but not on the new one, for this we need an arm based build
    sadly i dont have enough skills to build every binary for arm based cpu
    Last edited by pregi; 02-26-2011 at 03:56 PM.

Doing a little more research i saw that ATV2 only have 8 gigs of space. So i'm not quite sure that this is even possible.

Do you have Apache or anything running at the moment?

not on apple tv
    ive found a build but there are some missing dylibs, so it wouldnt start
    but i try to find out if i can compile xampp for appletv
    i didnt need much space for this, just some mysql dbs and some php stuff

well, what i was thinking was more like that the 8 gigs might be used for caching and the iOS.

Do you have SSH so you have any detail on free space?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast