Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone stuck in recovery mode during 1.1.1 install

Default Iphone stuck in recovery mode during 1.1.1 install
    hey guys, i was updating my iphone to the new firmware (i have no 3rd party apps installed just jailbreaked) but during the process it was stuck on Updating Firmware, so i did a reset using the sleep/wake + home buttons and then now my iphone tells me to connect to itunes. however, when i do and press restore it doesn't restore either. i get an error that says "iPhone could not be restored. Unknown error occurred (1011)."

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
    hey guys, i was updating my iphone to the new firmware (i have no 3rd party apps installed just jailbreaked) but during the process it was stuck on Updating Firmware, so i did a reset using the sleep/wake + home buttons and then now my iphone tells me to connect to itunes. however, when i do and press restore it doesn't restore either. i get an error that says "iPhone could not be restored. Unknown error occurred (1011)."
    it might not've been stuck. mine took about 10-12 minutes.

try using ms cleaner to uninstall iTunes then reinstall iTunes and try a sync. you may then try upgrading again but we did warn about jsilbraked phones. lastly try the update again if you really want it.

so for some reason when i try to restore, it keeps getting stuck during the restore process and then i get error 1011. I tried uninstalling itunes and all that but didnt have any luck. i also tried installing itunes on a diff. computer and updating but that didnt work either. anyone have any other ideas?
    Last edited by Mr.P; 09-28-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Have u tried restoring it back to 1.0.2 using "SHIFT" key and restore ?

Thanks

Mine got stuck at first, but I just rebooted the phone and tried again. It took it the 2nd time.

Mine go stuck there as well. I disconnected it, turned it off and on and it got to the same screen asking to connect to iTunes, I reconnected and restored and all went fine.

I'm stuck in connect to Itunes with no way of getting out of it. iTunes keeps failing each time with 1604 error. AppTap still there for good.

Any help appreciated.

Uninstall and reinstall itunes, restart your computer and restart your phone.

restarting computer worked for me

I have an Iphone that was unlocked and was working fine until i went into itunes and it started to update the firmware and i unplugged the phone while it was doing so .The phone now only shows a cable going into the itunes simble.

What can i do about this as it will not reset using the apple mac firmware on Windows operating system.It gets all the way through until the end and then shows error 1011???

Please can you help me or do i have a lovely brick???????

Try putting it in recovery mode (downgrade method 10sec)

in recovery if it gives an error unplug phone from dock replug it but leaving it in recovery mode.

Also it looks like you might 1.
    11 I would first try to recover in 1.02

Niko