Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Phone dies at 20-30% battery??

Default Phone dies at 20-30% battery??
    Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do? I did a full cycle charge and it still happened

I can sometimes restart then it will die again after then if I try to restart it shows the charge required screen

Thanks!

Brycer79

Is your phone jailbroken?

Yeah it's jailbroken. It was good until a month ago, it was jailbroken on 3.2 and now is jailbroken on 4.1

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Try restoring

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

I have 2 times maybe I'll try not jail breaking

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

I doubt itll b the jb, what device u on? If it's an older device it's best to stay on lower fw.. But dying at 20% is suspicious, hardware problem maybe?

Your battery could be shot try getting a replacement bettery off eBay, they're cheap!
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 10-20-2010 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's a 3GS that's a year and a half old almost, I have seen posts on other sites saying they have the same issue after jailbreaking

I had this issue myself, suddenly appeared after months of perfectly fine jailbroken status. Restoring the phone only helped if I selected "restore as new phone" rather than the "restore from backup" option. Even then, I decided to bring it to an Apple store to get it replaced, though I'm regretting that decision now as my Home button is being a bit stranger than usual...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It sounds like you need a new battery if restoring doesn't help.

If you can live without jailbreak please tray the best life battery you well got and you well be safe as well
    That's if you like to have the I phone without jailbreak

Sent from my iPhone 4

The problem is that the iPhone battery has developed a"memory effect". There are currently no apps that recover this, a software reset will not fix it, nor will an OS update. The only alternative options are to fully discharge the battery or replace it. If you want to try fully discharging (before replacing ) which has worked reliably now on many iphones in my experience then follow this proceedure.

1. Let it run down until the iphone dies
    2. Plug in the charger, boot it back up,
    3. turn off the auto-lock so the screen stays lit,
    4. set brightness to mid way,
    5. disconnect the charger and let it die again.
    6. Re-insert the charger, re-boot,
    7. remove charger and let it die again.
    8. Keep doing this until you eventually get the battery down to 5% or less.

This might need to be done 10- 30 times and might take 2-5 hours.

9. When you are done fully charge the iphone, overnight will do.

Next time you run low on battery power it will go right down without dying early.

Do not keep draining the battery as the previous poster suggests.

Try this. First get either the batteryinfolite or battery detective app. Fully charge your phone and open the app. You will now see how much battery capacity you have left. Providing its a decent amount, you can then discharge......One time and recharge it fully.

Thanks

Yeah, just let battery FULLY drain till it turns off. FULLY charge in 1 session. Let it fully drain again. Do this a couple times. Battery should then register the '100%' the phone die around 2-3%... if this 'recalibration' doesn't work...u most likely need a new battery...