+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Viewing texts from iTunes?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just gonna be honest here.... Husband was screwing around. Admitted to it, texts were already deleted though. I'm needing some closure here and need to know the extent of what
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Viewing texts from iTunes?
    Just gonna be honest here.... Husband was screwing around. Admitted to it, texts were already deleted though. I'm needing some closure here and need to know the extent of what was going on.

I think I can get ahold of the laptop he backs up/syncs on. How do I go about viewing the texts? From what I understand, they are saved in there, but u have to extract them somehow?

Can someone help me please?

One more thing... I have iTunes on my home computer and could do a sync on that too.
    Last edited by iSoConfused; 10-17-2010 at 06:07 PM. Reason: More info

Green Apple
    Thanks

From what I've heard there is a program that will let you read the .db file that the SMS's are stored in. The only problem is that you wouldn't be able to extract that from an iTunes backup file. You'd have to get a blank iPhone and restore it from the backup in iTunes, and then use the software to extract the .db file. But then again if you had a blank iPhone and restored it from the backup you could just simply read it off the phone.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Well if he deleted the texts and then synced with iTunes, the backup might have been updated so the texts would be missing there too