+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone stuck on apple turn on screen.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
HELP PLZ ok brand new here and wondered if anyone could help me out on fixing my phone ?? also sry if this post is in the worng place couldnt
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Angry Iphone stuck on apple turn on screen.
    HELP PLZ

ok brand new here and wondered if anyone could help me out on fixing my phone ?? also sry if this post is in the worng place couldnt really see a specific pplace for it.

Iphone 3gs OS 4.0.1 jailbroken with jailbreakme.com ---> cydia

problem ----> when turning on sticks on screen showing apple with the loading circle continually spinning round non stop

what caused it -----> right before turning my phone off i was trying to make mywi 4.0 work, i went into ifile an deleted everything in the mywi folder. i then realised i didnt really know what i was doing an decsided to un-install it in cydia

cydia displayed a error message saying it couldnt be deleted, i thought id turn my phone off and on again an try again, but the problem above occured

TRYED ----> 1, itunes sync, phones doesnt appear in itunes
    2, holding home button an power button an turning back on again
    3, holding power an home button then when apple appears letting go of power button an continue to hold home button.

all did not work
    Last edited by OW3N111; 10-17-2010 at 03:58 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

Sounds like there's some conflict with either permissions, or the device not finding files it expects to be there. If you have SSH installed, you could try putting the files you removed back on.

I'm sure doing a DFU restore on your device will also remedy the issue - the downside being you'll have to reload your content, themes, etc.
    *Insert wit here*

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AKA_Ben For This Useful Post:

OW3N111 (10-17-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks for the quik reply an oh ok, time to get the pen an paper out an jot down everthing i installed before i lose it all in ma head.

will i lose my jailbreak ?? an how to do DFU restore?? :S

i got rid of SSH, dint have a clue what to do with it

iPhone? More like MyPhone AKA_Ben's Avatar
    Thanks

You'll still be able to jailbreak, even if you load the latest firmware on since greenpos0n and limera1n have been released. If you're unlocked, however, you should probably stick to the lower firmwares.

SSH lets you connect to your iDevice like an FTP server over WiFi. What this means, basically, is that you can access your iPhone like a hard disc and explore the file-system so you can load a custom theme manually or transfer videos you've downloaded with MxTube to your computer. It's a pretty useful to have and all the tools you need are free.

DFU sounds scary but it's actually really easy and is the most thourough restore method out there. Below I've left some links to everything you need.

Using SSH on your iPhone: How to SSH into your iPhone

Good SSH client for Windows: WinSCP :: Free SFTP and FTP client for Windows

How to put your machine in DFU mode: How To: Enter DFU Restore Mode - ModMyi - Wiki

Most current jailbreak method: greenpois0n - Mmmm...pois0n
    *Insert wit here*

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

thanks a million man