+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes does not detect my iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I just got my first iPhone and so excited about it. It's already unlocked but the problem is itunes does not detect it. I'm using a win xp laptop. My
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default itunes does not detect my iPhone
    I just got my first iPhone and so excited about it. It's already unlocked but the problem is itunes does not detect it. I'm using a win xp laptop. My ipod is working and itunes detects it. Everytime I connect my iPhone it gives me this message "This iPhone cannot be used because the required software is not installed. Run the iTunes installer to remove iTunes, then install iTunes again." I have uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes multiple times and it's still not working. I've checked on the services.msc and apple mobile device support has stopped and if I click on start it gives me an error message also "Could not start the Apple Mobile Device service on Local Computer. Error 3: The system cannot find the path specified." I tried to uninstall and repair the Apple Mobile Device Support but it gives me another error "Insert the "apple Mobile Device Supprt' disk and click OK." I don't know what to do now. I can't save music or videos in it.. Please help me!!!!

Thanks

What version of itunes do you have??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I installed the latest version from the apple download site. I upgraded my iPhone to version 1.1.4.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ARCHA1C's Avatar
    Thanks

my 16gb iphone (jailbroken) was working fine (and still is) but iTunes does not detect it either.
    I updated iTunes to 7.6.1 and ever since then, my iPhone does not show up.
    My USB drivers are fine because I can still get photos off the iPhone, and my iPod Nano syncs without a problem in iTunes.

I also cannot send ringtones to the phone using iPhoneringtonemaker anymore... Very strange. Almost like one of the iPhone's own device drivers has gone missing. I can't even get it to be detected in iTunes when in recovery mode.. very odd

I've uninstalled iTunes and installed an older version, and this did not fix it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

^

I was having the same problem... I posted in this thread and the answers in it helped fix my problem.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40481

6. The Following User Says Thank You to iPhoneMadness For This Useful Post:

ARCHA1C (03-19-2008)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ARCHA1C's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneMadness View Post
    ^

I was having the same problem... I posted in this thread and the answers in it helped fix my problem.

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40481

Awesome find. I've started reading through it and I will be trying some of the suggested methods.

Thanks to you >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>\/

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try this. Turn off your phone then insert it to you computer. Hold and press home button and wait till your computer recognized your phone through recovery mode.
    More iPhone Transfer Reviews: iPhone Transfer Backup
    Last edited by sinayi; 02-16-2011 at 12:33 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sinayi View Post
    Try this. Turn off your phone then insert it to you computer. Hold and press home button and wait till your computer recognized your phone through recovery mode.
    More iPhone Transfer Reviews: iPhone Transfer Backup
    hey,boy! I have a similar problem! Thanks for your shaing!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm using Windows XP Pro-

First, ensure that you have iTUnes 7.5 Installed. I recommend this version, since 7.6.1 is what caused this problem for me in the first place.
    If you need to uninstall a newer version, do so by opening the control panel and use the "Add/Remove Programs" utility.

1- You must right-click on "My Computer" and select "Manage
    2- In the left pane, select "Device Manager"
    3- In the right window, expand "Imaging devices" or similar imaging category
    4- You should see "Apple Camera" or something similar
    5- Right click on the "Apple camera" and select "Update Driver"
    6- Select second option "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)" click Next
    7- Check the box labeled "Include this location in the search
    8- Copy and paste this path into the folder line- C : \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
    9- Click "Next"

Windows should now locate the necessary USBAAPL driver to run the iPhone and enable it's detection in iTunes.

If this does not work, open your windows explorer, and use the search option at the top of the window. Search for "Usbaapl". This should turn up the location of the driver files you need to reassociate the iPhone with iTunes. Make a note of the directory, and use that in the Driver Update (step 8 above). My drivers happened to be in the C : \Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers folder.

I hope this gets some of you back to working /syncing order.
    Last edited by carol.ygx; 03-31-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: syntax mistake

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up thanks so much!
    i was looking online for solutions to .. itunes does not recognize jailbroken iphone 4

i was not previously registered with this site but did so just to say thank you and that post #9 fixed this problem for me.

thank you thank you so so much!!