+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Require Password To Turn Off iPhone?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i was wondering if there was a way to require the iPhone to ask for a password before turning off the phone? i would like to know this just in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default Require Password To Turn Off iPhone?
    i was wondering if there was a way to require the iPhone to ask for a password before turning off the phone? i would like to know this just in case my phone were to ever get stolen that the thief could never turn it off and i could have a better posibility of tracking it, there is a posibility that they could take out the sim if they are smart enough. i just want to know if this is possible? thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Wouldn't be any use, since they could just do a hard reboot and cut the power or even force it straight into recovery mode for a restore.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cypherpunk View Post
    Wouldn't be any use, since they could just do a hard reboot and cut the power or even force it straight into recovery mode for a restore.
    How many people know that though? I reckon alot of iphone users dont even know how to hard reset it so it could work atleast until the battery went. Enough time to track it if you realize pretty quick that its missing.

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

if you use the mobileme (yes its got a fee but...) it doesnt matter if the phones off or restored it will be able to ping the phone to the nearest 5 meters.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default app?
    maybe it is possible to make an app to disable the real power off function, and just make a simmlar power off screen an switch off the screen, and mute the phone, this will fool the thief to believe the phone is switched off.
    to disable this function maybe use some seecret button combination or simply disable it in the app, for when you really need to switch off your phone.