+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Found Stolen iPhone 4 via GPS & Latitude - Now What?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey All- I've been in this scene for a while. I know this is off topic, but need help and thought I'd post for ideas. Last night, I left my
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Found Stolen iPhone 4 via GPS & Latitude - Now What?
    Hey All-

I've been in this scene for a while. I know this is off topic, but need help and thought I'd post for ideas.

Last night, I left my phone at a restaurant after eating. I went back 20 minutes later and they said they didn't have it.

I've been tracking it via GPS (Google Latitude) since. It's been in an apartment complex for most of the night and was at a grocery store most recently.

I haven't wiped it or called ATT yet because I want to be able to track it more. I called the police, but even though I know where it is their hands are tied.

When I try to call I get no answer, but have been thinking of ways to send a clever text to the theif - suggestions? Thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

don't let them know that you're tracking them. I read of one guy who took some friends and actually tracked down the thief with a notebook. however id advise against it for safety reasons. if you didnt cut the line, maybe your cell provider can log who's being called.

you could however text a message that the phone is now blaklised (BS) and you are offering a no questions asked reward for the phone's return, but IMO that's rewarding a thief, however its cheaper than buying a new phone.

also you LOST your phone, it wasnt stolen.
    60% of the time, it works every time.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

This may be stupid and possibly dangerous, but if I was in your shoes I wouldnt be hesitating to grab some friends and go knock on the door. If he refuses, go Chuck Norris on his ***!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

in cylay you can track sms and phone calls. I would call every number on their phone. Maybe they are a drug dealer that is really paranoid. If you call all of the numbers, you will finally stir up enough trouble, but it's only a matter of time before the phone dies or they reformat

Green Apple
    Thanks

Get some friends mate and pile up at the door, and just say my iphone please or please will come, i wouldnt even hesitate at it mate its your phone at the end of the day.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,196 Times in 1,919 Posts

If the police won't do it with this story, get some friends and go to the apartment complex. Then call the cops there and say someone just stole your phone and they went in that apartment. Well that's what I would do anyway.

Thanks

what have you been using to track it?

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    If the police won't do it with this story, get some friends and go to the apartment complex. Then call the cops there and say someone just stole your phone and they went in that apartment. Well that's what I would do anyway.
    Ditto^
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Green Apple
    Thanks
    How did you even track this? Do you have Mobile Me or something?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lythan001 View Post
    no, can't track. but Its easy if you have install a spyware program on target phone.

I google search and find "HelloSPY" app. It's FREE GPS tracking forever and have many features. Such as: Read SMS, Call History, WhatsApp message, Spy Call and more.

You can download FREE and use trial 48h FULL features at hellospy.com. hope this help!
    Yes but this app is very expensive to use and needs a subscription service so its not really free. Id rather use Find my iPhone or the Find My Friends app.