Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Locktopus

iPhone? More like MyPhone ugshotgun's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Locktopus
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place!

Do any of you have Lockopus installed? And if so, are you experiencing this problem:

I have locked my "default apple" Text Message App with Loctopus, if I try to send a text message,the lock works great (asks for password). However, when I receive a text message, from lock screen or unlocked screen, it allows me to reply, and then takes me directly into the text message, bypassing the Locktopus lock!!!

Anyone else??? Ideas??

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Thanks
    Thanked 15,543 Times in 7,106 Posts

I think that is a known issue. Dont know whether it is being worked on or not though.

Yeah that's one of the reasons I don't use locktopus. It seems to only block the app icon. If I remember correctly anything that bypasses you actually tapping the app will get you into it. Alerts and I believe even a spotlight search gets around it. I recommend lockdown. Much better.

Thanks

Yeah, I had been using the free lockdown for years, but when the 4.0 firmware came out and they weren't updated, I went ahead and bought the loctopus, seemed like an awesome app, till now! Thanks for the input!

Chris
    Main Phone: HTC ONE & Note 2 - Work: iPhone 4s - Tablet: iPad 2, The best of both worlds!

Lockdown has the same problem when using proswitcher. The only one I know that works 100% and is locked every possible way is advlock. That was my fav but it doesn't support ios4. It has a lot of features but It also cost like $10. Still worth it IMO, I tested all of them and that's the only one that locks apps on all angles.

Thanks

Well I just went ahead and purchased the new, Lockdown Pro through Cydia; and it did the same thing. As soon as I uninstalled iRealSMS (trouble shooting tactic), my problem was resolved; I no longer have that issue anymore. (iRealSMS was the evil doer )

I've always liked Lockdown, been a fan since they first came out with it long ago. The only reason I purchased Loctopus was because Lockdown Pro did not exist for iOs 4 at the time; so in short, I'm happy again!

Thanks for all the input, its much appreciated!

Chris

Dear All:
    If I forgot the password, is there anything I can do to unlock this APP