+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: GPS Issues with Jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.1.3

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
This started with me wanting to figure out if the app "Waze" is compatible with a jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.1.3. (if you have a JB iPhone 3G on 3.1.3:
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default GPS Issues with Jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.1.3
    This started with me wanting to figure out if the app "Waze" is compatible with a jailbroken iPhone 3G on 3.1.3. (if you have a JB iPhone 3G on 3.1.3: please test)

No matter what I do, I cannot get Waze to detect GPS. I thought it was a Waze issue first, but the people at Waze assured me it should work fine with iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 (though I'm sure they wouldn't know if something from jailbreaking was preventing it from working).

However, now I'm wondering if there's an issue with my GPS overall. In the Google Maps app, though the blue dot is accurate, I can never get it to be just the blue dot like I used to be able to. It always show the possible range with the circle around the blue dot.

When I jailbroke my iPad, I had problems with location services and fixed it with the "iPad Location Services Fix" package from the Cydia.pushfix.info repo. I thought I could do the same thing with my iPhone by getting the "Spirit Location Services Fix" from that same repo even though I didn't jailbreak my iPhone via Spirit (I'm pretty sure it was via redsn0w and a custom .ipsw). That didn't work. I've removed the package. Though location services are on and and location apps can detect when it's off, I can't get Waze to detect the GPS.

I've also reset network settings [ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=5867317&postcount=4"]as described here[/ame] and tried inputting "killall -9 locationd" and "rm -rf /var/root/Library/Caches/locationd" into Terminal [ame="http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=8558264&postcount=22"]as described here[/ame].

I've come to the end of myself. I don't know what's up. Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by jacobseagall1; 09-15-2010 at 05:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

ive got 3.1.3 3G and no issue using waze lol.. i like the apps but nt complete enuff for my country.. ><

and for ur gps, ever tried to restore? does it work?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Nope, I haven't tried to restore and I really don't want to unless some other people chime in that it's somehow the only way.

No one else?

Is there any definitive way to check if my GPS chip is burnt out and any location features my iPhone uses are from triangulation?

iPhone? More like MyPhone RobberBoy's Avatar
    Thanks

try restart ur phone.. i think i experience the same as u just now where the google map stays big circle no matter how many times reopen the google map and when i click my current position, its wrong.. ><

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

hello world.

plz help. kthx