Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Android 2.2 on iPhone

  1. #1
    Default Android 2.2 on iPhone
    Does anyone know if they have successfully ported android 2.2 on iPhone 2g with working wifi and audio? I saw that around June they had got the OS on the iPhone but no wifi or audio just yet.

  2. #2
    There is a new version
    Iphodroid.com
    I know they fix wifi don't remember the audio but, I tested on a 3G and everything works, wifi, data, SMS, calls etc

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    What are the benefits to doing this? Is the droid os that good?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by junito91 View Post
    There is a new version
    Iphodroid.com
    I know they fix wifi don't remember the audio but, I tested on a 3G and everything works, wifi, data, SMS, calls etc
    I can't find the link to download for windows 2G...it says download now but there is no link

  5. #5
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hatboro Pa
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Does anyone know if there gonna put this on a iPhone 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    What are the benefits to doing this? Is the droid os that good?
    I think it'll just be really cool to have in your iPhone.

    I think it's more of a novelty thing to have the droid os on ur iPhone.
    Last edited by wrecked77; 09-14-2010 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  6. #6
    iPhone? More like MyPhone mahgninnuc93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, Ca.
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts

    So why not get a droid phone if it is that spectacular? What makes droid so good that one would want to put it on their iPhone?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by watsony250 View Post
    I can't find the link to download for windows 2G...it says download now but there is no link
    you have to click on the blue links for 2g it says:
    iPhoDroid 0.6 2G
    A new conception over USB
    Download (Install or Run
    )

  8. #8
    iPhone? More like MyPhone wrecked77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Hatboro Pa
    Posts
    124
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    So why not get a droid phone if it is that spectacular? What makes droid so good that one would want to put it on their iPhone?
    I think it would be awesome to show your Friends with the Droids that your iPhone is powerful enough to run both operating systems. And that there all mighty droid still can't touch the iPhone.

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    where monkey live
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mahgninnuc93 View Post
    So why not get a droid phone if it is that spectacular? What makes droid so good that one would want to put it on their iPhone?
    Because you can have more option, and you maybe will be the only one that can dual boot in your iphone in your group. Look at me I have the HTC hd2 and I can boot android, Ubuntu, or window mobile. is something cool to have 2 or 3 OS in one phone and save you money.

  10. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    I don't think iphodroid is 2.2, surely it's not even Froyo (2.0) it's the old android os, that's why it has the slide to unlock like the iPhones and not slide down to unlock..
    I imagine they will do a port for the i4. Although even that probs won't b Froyo because t it will be easier to adapt their existing port rather than starting from scratch on 2.2


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    I don't think iphodroid is 2.2, surely it's not even Froyo (2.0) it's the old android os, that's why it has the slide to unlock like the iPhones and not slide down to unlock..
    I imagine they will do a port for the i4. Although even that probs won't b Froyo because t it will be easier to adapt their existing port rather than starting from scratch on 2.2


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    2.2 is Froyo. I think 1.5 is Donut, 1.6 is Cupcake, 2.0-2.1 is Eclair.

    The upcoming 3.0 is Gingerbread. I'll stick to version numbers...dessert names throw me off.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    I don't think iphodroid is 2.2, surely it's not even Froyo (2.0) it's the old android os, that's why it has the slide to unlock like the iPhones and not slide down to unlock..
    I imagine they will do a port for the i4. Although even that probs won't b Froyo because t it will be easier to adapt their existing port rather than starting from scratch on 2.2


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    There's no bootrom exploit on i4 or 3GS to port this

  13. #13
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by junito91 View Post
    There's no bootrom exploit on i4 or 3GS to port this
    ??? Surely no, the a4 chip has been exploited, meaning they can get in at bootrom-level, if you read the shatter thread they even talk about custom boot logos and verbose boot


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  14. #14
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidzoo View Post
    2.2 is Froyo. I think 1.5 is Donut, 1.6 is Cupcake, 2.0-2.1 is Eclair.

    The upcoming 3.0 is Gingerbread. I'll stick to version numbers...dessert names throw me off.
    Wtf? No need to be cheeky, all I'm saying is the port of android to iPhone isn't 2.0 it's 1.x, meaning they'll have to re-write the port, which will be more work than adapting the port that's already there...


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  15. #15
    Can anyone confirm what version iphodroid is? (2.2, 1.6, etc)

  16. #16
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    I can confirm that it's not 2.2, or even 2.0. My geuss is that its 1.6

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    Wtf? No need to be cheeky, all I'm saying is the port of android to iPhone isn't 2.0 it's 1.x, meaning they'll have to re-write the port, which will be more work than adapting the port that's already there...


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Wasn't trying to be cheeky, sorry if it came across that way. I was just relaying the version names. I had a droid for about a year before I switched to iPhone. I'm extremely glad I did. Even if I don't jailbreak (again, I removed it to see if 4.1 improved battery life for me on my 3GS...it didn't), the apps on the iPhone completely dwarf most of the offerings from Android.

  18. #18
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Ok sorry, wait surely all the names u suggested weren't real were they, I'm only know froyo caus i used my mums htc for a week or so...
    If they were that is ridiculous


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

  19. #19
    I had 2 of them backwards... 1.5 is Cupcake and 1.6 is Donut, but yes... they're all real.

    Android (operating system) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  20. #20
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cambridge, U.K
    Posts
    1,512
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked 123 Times in 101 Posts

    Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

    iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •