+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help, i dno how to jb my i4!?!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so my iphone came today and i ordered it yesterday, less than 24 hours, sweet!!!! anyway is jailbreakme the only jailbreak available for me?? or does redsn0w work? its
    Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default help, i dno how to jb my i4!?!
    ok so my iphone came today and i ordered it yesterday, less than 24 hours, sweet!!!!
    anyway is jailbreakme the only jailbreak available for me?? or does redsn0w work? its on 4.0.2 ty in advance

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yes, No

Your stuck until 4.1 is released and is jailbroken.

I'm thinking sometime in November
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Thanks

****, does jailbreakme work tho yh?

lol ive already experienced death grip, getting my bumper ordered now...
    Last edited by iNT3Rv3NTiONZz; 09-01-2010 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

wtf is a yh? Proper english goes a long way online.

Jailbreakme works for 3.1.2-4.0.1

So jailbreakme works, just wont work for you.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    Yes, No

Your stuck until 4.1 is released and is jailbroken.

I'm thinking sometime in November
    WRONG! 4.1 is out next week 4.2 is out in november
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seann33uk View Post
    WRONG! 4.1 is out next week 4.2 is out in november
    K thanks, but its not about when 4.1 is released, its about when it will be jailbroken. (Like i said in my post, you quoted it, try reading it)

Considering the way things are, the developers will wait until 4.2 is released for the iPad, before releasing any new jailbreak tools.

But time will tell, I just highly doubt a same day release. (if you remember the pandemonium from the ios4 release)
    Last edited by babyblue_pimp; 09-01-2010 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks

Oh this sucks, but I'm still enjoying it
    They really are amazing

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by babyblue_pimp View Post
    K thanks, but its not about when 4.1 is released, its about when it will be jailbroken. (Like i said in my post, you quoted it, try reading it)

Considering the way things are, the developers will wait until 4.2 is released for the iPad, before releasing any new jailbreak tools.

But time will tell, I just highly doubt a same day release. (if you remember the pandemonium from the ios4 release)
    I think ur all just jumping to conclusions. 4.2 will hardly have any update for the iPhone so why would they hold off the jailbreak? Steve jobs said that 4.2 is all about the iPad so I think they should release it on 4.1 since 4.2 has no major updates. And besides, who says the 4.1 jailbreak won't work on 4.2?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I think ur all just jumping to conclusions. 4.2 will hardly have any update for the iPhone so why would they hold off the jailbreak? Steve jobs said that 4.2 is all about the iPad so I think they should release it on 4.1 since 4.2 has no major updates. And besides, who says the 4.1 jailbreak won't work on 4.2?
    4.2 isn't even coming out for the iPhone, at least i don't think.

Its the same reason they held out for 4.0.1 with the 4.0 jailbreak. and its the same reason they held out on the 3.1.3 jailbreak for 3.2

Its stupid to release a hack tool, when another version is imminent. (4.1 wont be perfect, i'm sure a 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 will be out within a few weeks of that release)

If they release a 4.1 jailbreak before 4.2, apple will patch it out in 4.2 for the iPad. Where as if they just wait until 4.2 is released, they can release one jailbreak tool, that will work on both devices.

Considering these dev's work for free, theres no reason they'd want to work twice as hard, especially considering only a few people respect them, most people online just expect a new jailbreak everytime a new firmware is released.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yea I guess ur right, does anyone know how many exploits the dev's have left before they run out?

Thanks

Lol thanks for th info everyone so looks like I've gotta wait for 4.1, which sucks but I've got plenty to mess around with until then. Also has anyone noticed app store icons not being hi-def? Like fieldeunners and I don't think the flashlight app is either..

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

Thanks

That's up to the app developers to update their icons. If they haven't then they will still show the old res icons.