Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: got a Bricked iphone Yay :D

Default got a Bricked iphone Yay :D
    aite guys
    i got a bricked i phone form my friend its updated to new firmware version .. and im ready to experiment on it ... any ideas where i should start from :P

update:
    u guys wouldnt believe it but i just downgraded the firmware on my friends iphone that was locked in the morning after the update ... i have the old itunes and i downloaded the firware 1.0.2 form modmyi.com i plugged in the phone took it to recovery mode where it says connect to itunes and when itunes found it in restoring mode i held down the shift key and hit restore then browsed to the firmware that i downloaded form modmyi.com ( i dissconnected the internet too ) and it restored without any problems ... then i opened iBrickr and jail broke it and didnt even have to unlock it again it was already unlocked ... i unlocked this phone for him a week ago with anySim program and then removed the program from the phone ... so there was nothing else on the phone when it was updated and there was a tmobile sim card in it .... before i restored it i put in the original sim card that came with the phone ... and now its working fine again with tmobile .... i want to upgrade to 1.1.1 again n try to restore it again on my pc but i dont want to updat emy itunes ... anywya i can download firware 1.1.1 and use it with itunes version 7.3.2.6
    my friend updated it on his computer and i downgraded it back on my pc ... he ha sthe new itunes and i have the old one.

so anyone has the new firmware they can give me so i can try this again?
    or any suggestions?

should i brick the phone again

p.s. im willing to brick the phone again so i can be sure if it was a fluke or not?
    Last edited by X-ception; 09-28-2007 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

This will not work if you have software version 1.1.1 on the phone and it's SIM locked. I'd like to see you get it working since it doesn't say connect to iTunes anymore it shows a picture.

what lock message did you receive if any?

its an unlocked phone .. i unlocked it with anySim myself... it was being used on tmobile network and im willing to update it again with 1.1.1 .. but on my compute ri have old itunes and my unlocked iPhone is synced with it ... so i need the new firmware file .. this is the message i get when i hit update on my old itunes .. see the pics attached
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -2.jpg  
    Last edited by X-ception; 09-28-2007 at 03:18 AM.

OKAY.... so as far as I understand there are 2 issues here... one is to have an older version of iTunes and the other is not to be connected to the web right? You are using a PC and I'm using MAC (yeah)!!!

Already tried unplugging from the web and didn't work... will try to install an older version of iTunes.

ORIGINAL SIM
    OLD Itunes
    Unlocked with anySim app

these r the key points i think

Thanks

Where would i get an older version of iTunes?

i tried this method but had no luck

didnt work for me gave me the same error

this guy did the same thing as me
    http://www.everythingiphone.com/foru...ere-12896.html

so im guessing some of the updates didnt go through completely and left the old firmware intact and just deactivated the phone?