Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Purposely corrupt iphone files

Default Purposely corrupt iphone files
    Hello I would like to know how to purposely edit a file on the iphone 4 to make it unbootable and get a replacement from Apple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Madman604x's Avatar
    Thanks

just dunk it in the toilet.

whats wrong with it? you still have warranty. They will just flash the FW and hand it back to you unless you have a "REAL" problem
    Last edited by Madman604x; 08-31-2010 at 10:57 AM.

well i jailbroke mine and it froze. when they tried to restore it they kept getting errors so they gave me a new phone. Now its 4.0.2 but I know an Apple store that still has 4.0.1 replacements

lol just wait. 4.1 is probably coming in a few days.

Or a few weeks.

lol exactly who knows when that gets released

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

lol seems like a stupid idea, and doesnt jailbreaking void the warranty??

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

If you have dead pixels (even 1) they'd exchange it. You can look at ifunbox and see what you can do from there BUT I'm kind of doubting it since you'll probably need to be jailbroken to get into the file system.

Do you know anyone with an iphone 4 and older firmware that may want to swap with you?
    You can double check to make sure the replacement you have doesn't have an shsh (sometimes, rarely they do have shsh stored on cydia)

you can also wear the battery down and then do an erase all content and settings but not having it plugged in. It'll turn off mid way and that may mess it up.

But I'm not sure what you'll say to apple and I take no responsibility if your ploy doesn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    lol seems like a stupid idea, and doesnt jailbreaking void the warranty??
    really? people still ask this after 3+ years?
    only if you bring it in still jailbroken. Jailbreaking isn't like breaking a special seal you just restore and boom, stock iphone they don't know.

you dont have to say much to apple. a simple "my phone isnt working i tried to restore and it didnt work" always does the trick

Quote Originally Posted by rest_easy View Post
    If you have dead pixels (even 1) they'd exchange it. You can look at ifunbox and see what you can do from there BUT I'm kind of doubting it since you'll probably need to be jailbroken to get into the file system.

Do you know anyone with an iphone 4 and older firmware that may want to swap with you?
    You can double check to make sure the replacement you have doesn't have an shsh (sometimes, rarely they do have shsh stored on cydia)

you can also wear the battery down and then do an erase all content and settings but not having it plugged in. It'll turn off mid way and that may mess it up.

But I'm not sure what you'll say to apple and I take no responsibility if your ploy doesn't work out.

really? people still ask this after 3+ years?
    only if you bring it in still jailbroken. Jailbreaking isn't like breaking a special seal you just restore and boom, stock iphone they don't know.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Alright chill out, jus a question jeez

damn i might look into trading with someone.

is there still no way?
    Last edited by purpl3citywriter; 09-02-2010 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

4.1 will be out in a weeks time just hold off