+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCurious about upgrading to new iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an old 3G, with SHSHs on file for iOS4.0 & 4.0.1. I may be able to upgrade soon to a newer model, which one is still in debate.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iCurious about upgrading to new iPhone
    I have an old 3G, with SHSHs on file for iOS4.0 & 4.0.1. I may be able to upgrade soon to a newer model, which one is still in debate. If the newer phone has iOS 4.0.2, is there any way I can roll it back to an earlier OS, or are the SHSHs on file specifically for my 3G?

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

There specifically for your iPhone 3g. Just be patient apple is soon to release their 4.1 update which will be the next Firmware update the Dev Team plans on releasing a jailbreak for.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bluemoldycheeze88 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-27-2010), HAL1275 (08-27-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks, then. I shall wait till OS4.1 is released before upgrading to a newer phone.

Okay, just thought of a few more questions, but they can be summed up easily. I know what the differences are between the iPhone 3GS & iPhone 4, but what do they mean to me (ex. I may not use FaceTime that much because I would be the only one I know with an iPhone 4)? Basically could someone briefly compare & contrast the two?
    Last edited by HAL1275; 08-27-2010 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost