+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost iPhone. What now?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My sister has lost her iPhone, it's insured thru her bank (Lloyds TSB) what does she do to get a new iPhone? and what happens with her sim? It's pay
    Thanks

Default Lost iPhone. What now?
    My sister has lost her iPhone, it's insured thru her bank (Lloyds TSB) what does she do to get a new
    iPhone? and what happens with her sim? It's pay as u go sim and she wants the same
    number. She does have the imei number luckily so am guessin we need that? Will the phone be bricked, so if she finds it again will it work? Thanks guys.

Thanks

Those are all questions that would be better answered by the insurance co and her carrier.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i dont know how you would go about getting a new phone... that you should ask the bank... but as for everything else, the phone will not be bricked, you should call your provider and tell them the phone is lost so they will shut the service off to that sim.. and you will have to go into your providers store and buy a new sim card that they will activate.. and i dont really know what they would need the imei number for... if you lose or have an iphone stolen theres nothing really stopping someone from popping there sim card into it and using it as there own

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    you phone the mobile provider to block the sim and tell them the phone was stolen give them the imei and is is shared with other companys i think and therefor useless
    insurance should replace the handset if the phone was got from the bank give them the imei

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Find my iphone!

My iPhone is a Part of Me Pronup's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rdanny View Post
    you phone the mobile provider to block the sim and tell them the phone was stolen give them the imei and is is shared with other companys i think and therefor useless
    insurance should replace the handset if the phone was got from the bank give them the imei
    I agree the first thing you need to do is block the sim card! Then call the Bank and find out how to get the claim rolling!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 40ozBulldog's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor-girl View Post
    My sister has lost her iPhone, it's insured thru her bank (Lloyds TSB) what does she do to get a new
    iPhone? and what happens with her sim? It's pay as u go sim and she wants the same
    number. She does have the imei number luckily so am guessin we need that? Will the phone be bricked, so if she finds it again will it work? Thanks guys.
    Let me google that for you

Thanks

Thanks guys. I'm in uk by the way. What is find my iPhone?

Thanks

In the UK once a phone is reported lost or stolen it's put on a blacklist by your carrier. The phone will be disabled and useless by anyone else.

Thanks

Find My iPhone is a feature of MobileMe. You download the Find My iPhone app on your phone and you can enable it on your computer so if you lose your phone, it will remotely enable GPS and help you track it down...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jkmonkey View Post
    In the UK once a phone is reported lost or stolen it's put on a blacklist by your carrier. The phone will be disabled and useless by anyone else.
    Thats in your carrier, but if he unlock it, he can use it with another carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by ajl917 View Post
    Find My iPhone is a feature of MobileMe. You download the Find My iPhone app on your phone and you can enable it on your computer so if you lose your phone, it will remotely enable GPS and help you track it down...
    But I think if he keep it on airplane mode and wifi off until he decide to restore it there is no way that it can be tracked.
    Last edited by javiert30; 08-28-2010 at 03:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App