+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IPhone extremly slow after update and jailbreak. Please help!

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So I have a iPhone 3G. I was running 3.1.2 jailbroken forever until I did a cydia update that destroyed my cydia and would constantly make it crash. The phone
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default IPhone extremly slow after update and jailbreak. Please help!
    So I have a iPhone 3G. I was running 3.1.2 jailbroken forever until I did a cydia update that destroyed my cydia and would constantly make it crash. The phone was also extremly slow after that do I did a restore and updated to 4.1.2 (the newest version. I believe that's it), and rejailbroke it using redsnow. Since doing that the phone has been acting up. Sometime it's way faster then iy ever was, opens apps imidiatly, typing is right on. Then most of the time it's extremly slow, takes forever to open an app, really laggy when typing (I will type a whole sentence and nothing pops up for a min and then the sentence finally types out, even just switch from page to page on my home screen lags. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a way I can fix it? I'm to the point were I just wanna restore my phone and not jailbreak it again if I can't get it to start moving at normal speed atleast. Lmk. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Downgrade back to 3.1.2?

3G phones run poorly with iOS 4. You can try restoring and rejailbreaking then disabling wallpaper and multitask. Then delete language packs and disabling launch daemons. This should speed it up. Itll still run slower than being on 3.1.x.

I downgraded back to 3.1.3 and am much happier