+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 and Micro Sim question

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
If I cut out my AT&T SIM card to be a micro-sim, and then buy an iPhone 4, will I be able to use the iPhone 4 out the box?
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 and Micro Sim question
    If I cut out my AT&T SIM card to be a micro-sim, and then buy an iPhone 4, will I be able to use the iPhone 4 out the box? I am planning to buy a phone off craigslist or eBay, but my question is, can I just simply pop in my current AT&T SIM card and the phone is good to go. I know I have to cut it to make it out be a micro-sim but I just don't want to get scammed if I do a meet up and have it be a broken phone. Thanks!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Yes u can cut ur sim and ur good to go.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ohhshiet View Post
    If I cut out my AT&T SIM card to be a micro-sim, and then buy an iPhone 4, will I be able to use the iPhone 4 out the box? I am planning to buy a phone off craigslist or eBay, but my question is, can I just simply pop in my current AT&T SIM card and the phone is good to go. I know I have to cut it to make it out be a micro-sim but I just don't want to get scammed if I do a meet up and have it be a broken phone. Thanks!
    You need to do some more research on this as I have see alot of people here and othere places that have had a lot of problems activating the iPhone 4.

They is something tied to the original buyers iPhone 4 with his last 4 of his social security number and his area code.

You can buy a new iPhone 4 16GB form Apple for $599 and without any contract.

To be a little clearer that is in the USA and it will be locked to AT&T.

If you live in the USA and are close to Canada you could go there and buy one which is factory unlocked so you could use any GSM service.

Do a search here on iphone 4 activation and google before you make your decision.

As far as cutting the sim to work as a micro-sim yes you can!

I bought a sim cutter on ebay and you can cut a regular sim to a micro-sim and its perfect fit!

With the one I got they were two adapters and I took one and the micro-sim from my Iphone 4 and put it in my old 3gs and it activated with no problem!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 08-19-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Thanks

I've bought 3 iPhones on craigslist and activated all of them with a prepaid AT&T sim card, which was not the one that originally came with the phone

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I've bought 3 iPhones on craigslist and activated all of them with a prepaid AT&T sim card, which was not the one that originally came with the phone
    3 iPhone 4's

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just did it two days ago, I received my IP4 as an upgrade for one of my lines and cut the old sim card from the 3gs and put it in the IP4, i conected the iph4 to the pc with itunes and voila, IP4 activated. I think yu just need to be really careful cutting the card.
    Good Luck.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigc1168 View Post
    I just did it two days ago, I received my IP4 as an upgrade for one of my lines and cut the old sim card from the 3gs and put it in the IP4, i conected the iph4 to the pc with itunes and voila, IP4 activated. I think yu just need to be really careful cutting the card.
    Good Luck.
    Since you did an upgrade did you new iPhone 4 not come with a micro-sim pre installed?

Also this iPhone 4 was tied to your account.

Not the same as buying one from John Doe on ebay or craigslist.

I bought my iPhone 4 upgrade from Apple because AT&T's servers were having a melt down and when I received the iPhone it had a micro-sim already installed and I connected to itunes and voila iPhone 4 activated of course the process did deactivate my iPhone 3GS.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by area51crypto View Post
    3 iPhone 4's
    Yes iPhone 4's, they weren't under my name but still activated with my AT&T prepaid

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-19-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Yes iPhone 4's, they weren't under my name but still activated with my AT&T prepaid
    Wow that's great.

I just know a lot of people have had lots of problems with iPhone 4 activation.

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

If u have the old data plan then it will work but if u just got the plan that u pay for data like minutes it doesn't work,I have a blackberry that had a$30 data plan and my iPhone has$20 data n it didn't work now that the data plans r the same it works fine

Green Apple
    Thanks

Looking at this solution they said can allow you to use Normal SIM if you don`t want to CUT into Micro-SIM... Smart iPhone 4 Dual SIM Adapter Case

iPhone 4 Dual SIM Adapter Case

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

That's what I did I got 2 of them less than $2.00 it works fine