+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Swapping SIM Card?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Howdy, all! I recently purchased a Palm Pre with AT&T, replacing my iPhone 3g that was on T-Mobile Prepaid. I love my Pre (no flaming please), but I still have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Swapping SIM Card?
    Howdy, all! I recently purchased a Palm Pre with AT&T, replacing my iPhone 3g that was on T-Mobile Prepaid. I love my Pre (no flaming please), but I still have my iPhone, and I wondered if it would be possible to swap the SIM card out and use both interchangeably? I tried this out of the box, so to speak, and the data plan will not work on the iPhone, probably because AT&T uses a different, iPhone specific plan. Is there anyway to make the data plan compatible, or has anyone else done this? I only really want to play around with the iPhone, so it's not crucial, but your help is appreciated!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bassface's Avatar
    Thanks

Well I think it's probably because of the unlocked-ness of your iPhone. Restore it and it will work fine.
    If this was helpful, or even if it gave you a laugh, click the Thanks button!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Actually, I did a fresh restore of the phone this morning. I intended, probably still do intend, to sell the phone, so I thought a fresh restore was in order.