+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Reset network settings problems

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I reset network settings on my iphone 4 and now when i connect to my wifi i get full service but when i use a internet program it says it
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default Reset network settings problems
    I reset network settings on my iphone 4 and now when i connect to my wifi i get full service but when i use a internet program it says it cant connect to the internet. Everything was working fine before i pressed reset network settings.

Now i dont want to restore because i can activate it afterwards. Any way to fix this problem without restoring.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok. Here is the solution: Go to cydia>> add this source: sinfuliphonerepo.com >>>>> search and install push doctor and push fix inside the source. Reboot >>> that'is your I4 will run as it should be.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    But thats not the problem? i can use everything, only thing that doesnt work is my home wifi. i just connected to someone elses wifi and it worked.

Thanks

The either your home network is not connected to the Internet or you may have entered the network key for your wifi incorrectly.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

NYzJatt (08-15-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    It definitely connected to the internet because im using the connection right now on my laptop posting this. Ive entered the key multiple times. Im connected to my network but i cant connect to the internet. When it was working well i reset network settings to turn tethering off but now my internet doesnt work and tethering is still on

I think i know whats the problem. When i look at more info about my network on my iphone theres an IP address and Subnet Mask.

Router and DNS is blank so how do i figure out what to put for them if thats the problem
    Last edited by NYzJatt; 08-15-2010 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

It should assign IP addresses automatically, I'd say reboot your router and phone.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mbeezy81 For This Useful Post:

NYzJatt (08-15-2010)

Thanks

Your phone should get those automatically from your router. Try hitting "forget this network" to completely erase settings on your phone for your wifi. Then reboot and try to reconnect.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jkmonkey For This Useful Post:

NYzJatt (08-15-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Thanks for the help everybody. I just had to reboot my router and enter the info again.