+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: updating Cydia Apps

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
well just straight to what im gonna ask... im using iphone 3.1.3 3GS... open cydia and notice some updates in changes and i.e. iBlank 3.2 and ultrasn0w 1.1-1 Well theres
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default updating Cydia Apps
    well just straight to what im gonna ask...

im using iphone 3.1.3 3GS...

open cydia and notice some updates in changes and i.e. iBlank 3.2 and ultrasn0w 1.1-1

Well theres no problems with my current version of both files but Cydia says upgrade essentials so i upgrade both of them but nothings changed...

when i open back Cydia... the 2 apps still there needs to be updated... why is that? or should i just leave it? but i dont like the badges showing on Cydia icons LoL

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_animality For This Useful Post:

Borischan (08-14-2010), Erro0o0or (08-27-2010)

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post

open cydia and notice some updates in changes and i.e. iBlank 3.2 and ultrasn0w 1.1-1

Well theres no problems with my current version of both files but Cydia says upgrade essentials so i upgrade both of them but nothings changed...

when i open back Cydia... the 2 apps still there needs to be updated... why is that? or should i just leave it? but i dont like the badges showing on Cydia icons LoL
    When you see Upgrade Essentials in Cydia that is an upgrade for the Cydia program! You need to do the Cydia Upgrade Essentials the reopen Cydia and do the iBlank 3.2 and ultrasn0w 1.1-1
    update if you so choose not to you will continue to receive the the update notice as you have not updated and Cydia is telling you that there is an update!

Thanks

yes but i already try update both of them.. theres a loading and theres telling me that update has been completed but still when i reopen Cydia .. the apps still there needs to be updated ...

previosly there are like 5 changes, then i update each of them manually.. reboot/respring but still thats the only two left needs to be updated.. wonder why it cant be updated... is it because im running 3.1.3 and the apps only for iOS4?

Thanks

Really both of those apps should work on 3.1.3 firmware!

I have a 3g that I play with I will load the iblank 3.2 an see as my 3g has the ultrasn0w on it and does not have any problems!

Just on the simple side have you did a power reset, you know hold both the power button and home button for about 10 sec?

Just hold them both down till the screen goes black and release them when you see the boot logo!

Had now problems!

What I would do is open Cydia then choose Manage the choose Packages.

That will bring you to a screen that shows all apps you have on your iphone! Scroll down to where the iBank app is listed, select it and on the next screen choose Modify then choose Remove and then Confirm.

Let the process finish the your option is Return to Cydia an do this and close Cydia.

Reboot your iphone then open Cydia and install iBlank 3.2 again and when through reboot the phone and then open Cydia and see if you have the badges!

If the only one is Ultrasn0w then try to update and see what happens!

Reply back please!
    Last edited by area51crypto; 08-14-2010 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

okay ... will do that... sorry for the late reply... but that looks troublesome if i had to remove and reinstall when the applications still works wonderfully... LoL~! i just thought maybe theres something wrong with my Cydia but for sure i can still install other app in Cydia.. weird:S

Thanks

Well finally manage to sorted this out and i post this so that it maybe can help others having the same exact problem as mine..

Well actually the main problem is because i installed ******* 3.1.x from sinfuliphone source.. so the only way to solve it is by

1) remove cydia.hackulo.us from your sources (it will unistall ********** from your device or any other things you get from this source .. but u need to do this so that you can uninstall the previous *******)

2) search for the installed ******* you get from sinfuliphone and remove it... (if u havent do the above method, u will most likely encounter errors and nothing will change)

3) after it is sucessfully remove, reboot device

4) Open back Cydia and add again cydia.hackulo.us to your source

5) Install ******* 3.1 or whatever OS you are currently using

6) Finish.. u may now be able to updates those files i mentioned above...

So yea.. i think the ******* from sinfuliphone still got bugs eh~

Hope this helps!!

Thanks

Well finally manage to sorted this out and i post this so that it maybe can help others having the same exact problem as mine..

Well actually the main problem is because i installed ******* 3.1.x from sinfuliphone source.. so the only way to solve it is by

1) remove cydia.hackulo.us from your sources (it will unistall ********** from your device or any other things you get from this source .. but u need to do this so that you can uninstall the previous *******)

2) search for the installed ******* you get from sinfuliphone and remove it... (if u havent do the above method, u will most likely encounter errors and nothing will change)

3) after it is sucessfully remove, reboot device

4) Open back Cydia and add again cydia.hackulo.us to your source

5) Install ******* 3.1 or whatever OS you are currently using

6) Finish.. u may now be able to updates those files i mentioned above...

So yea.. i think the ******* from sinfuliphone still got bugs eh~

Hope this helps!!
    Glad you got you iphone going!

I have an iPhone 4 but also have a 3gs with those items described and never have had a problem

I do not use them as when I put them on my 3gs I thought it was to help the phone but I finally found out what they were for and never used them as if you do stuff they were designed for might get caught by Apple!

But anyway glad you got your iphone working!