Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help- Can I use 1.0.2 during restore...?

Hybrid View

Default Help- Can I use 1.0.2 during restore...?
    Guys-

I was going to gift my brother an unlocked iphone but the release of the 1.1.1 has upset my plans.....

I still want to try by using the 1.0.2 firmware since I read somewhere that I can hold the "Alt-Option" key and then click "Restore" in iTunes. The thread said that this way, itunes will prompt for a location where the restore file is stored and I can just navigate to my folder and choose the file that I want.....(I have downloaded the 1.0.2 restore file already).

is this true..? I am not intersted in the 1.1.1 update, so I am wondering if I can just use the old file.....

Also, what if I dont restore (Part 1 of the four part process)...? Can i directly go to the Part 2 and activate...

ANy help is appreciated!
    Thanks!!!

Yes. it does give you the option. Where did you get the firmware 1.02? I am trying to find it to change my iphone back to 1.02

yes, holding down the alt (option button for mac) and pressing restore will get prompt you to look for the resotre file you saved. that will help, just don't download the new itunes yet.

also, you dont have to restore if the version is already 1.02. HTH

Thanks guys....not sure how to find out what firmware is already on the phone....? I remember when I was unlocking mine, as soon as I turned it on out of the box, it had the activation screen and nothing else was visible.

I found the download for the restore in part 2 of the tutorial-

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/IPh...ck_OS_X_Part_2

There is a link there that you can use to download.

Thanks.....

Thanks

Did it work mate? Did you manage to successfully unlock it?
    I too have a new unopened iphone and am wondering if I can unlock it to be sim free. Seeing how all the trouble is with 1.1.1 and the previously unlocked/modded phones, I wonder if I am safe to unlock my new untouched phone with 1.0.2.
    Please post your results.

I will be trying it over the next cpl days....i still have not bought it yet. Will definitely let u guys know....