Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Straight Talk GSM sim W/ iPhone

Exclamation Straight Talk offers BYOD
    Welcome | Straight Talk | Bring Your Own Phone

Starting Feb 7th 2012, Straight Talk will offer BYOD. Just found this out because someone posted a question about it on their facebook. I was working on getting my e71 activated and number ported when I read about it.

-CC

Default did the same with the e71
    i thought i'd try it so i got the e71 and activated the phone and cut the sim put it in my iphone 4 it worked for a about a week and a half and now i get now sevice and i called and asked them why... oh you need a speicle sim card to use in your unlocked phone. would you like a slurpy. on hold for 20 mins whiles and i hear is her breathing then i get the super visior whom sounds just like her in ever way oh you phone is not activated give me the imei number. duh isn't it in the account it took you 20 mins to look threw. now i dunno if i can transfer my stuff service plane over to my older samsung cdma phone till i can get the mirco sim or what.... bad freaking day. oh top if off they ignore my e-mails cuz i told them i'm dissatisfied.
    with the phone and and wanted a refund on the phone so i could get the right sim they said yeah ship the phone back and we will prossess the refund. 4 days latter i get an e-mail saying my replacement phone is on its way! WTF mind i only had the phone in my possession for about a week. they tell me its been a month. shite!

Default MMS enabling
    Quote Originally Posted by qRacecaRp View Post
    All is good except

"Supreme Preferences" is no longer in the Cydia store...?

Thanks for any help!
    True.
    But there in Cydia is TetherMe from BigBoss repo. It will allow you to edit APN file.
    Install it. Close Cydia. Go to Settings->TetherMe->Cellular Data Network.

In case of Straighttalk insert this:

APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:

MMS
    APN: att.mvno
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33:80 or mms2.tracfone.com:80
    MMS Max Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

leave the rest blank.

It works right away. But before editing remove any previous APN settings (like in my case I uninstalled StraightTalk.mobilconfig).
    Good luck.

P.S. In case of any other than Straighttalk provider inseart proper APN settings.
    Last edited by durkh8r; 03-04-2013 at 06:34 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345