+ Reply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Straight Talk GSM sim W/ iPhone

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
where can i get one of these phones cheap? ive got lg900g and it has a sim card but i gues i cant use that
    Thanks

where can i get one of these phones cheap? ive got lg900g and it has a sim card but i gues i cant use that
    iPhone 4 gsm
    iPod Touch 4
    iPod Touch 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robnyc View Post
    This is to confirm my 3G & speeds in my area
    Nice rob

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joec2 View Post
    Only the E71 and the more expensive Nokia slider use SIM cards. The cheaper ones use Verizon service (So no SIM cards)
    my lg900g has a sim card! will that work
    iPhone 4 gsm
    iPod Touch 4
    iPod Touch 2

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemamafoo View Post
    Nice rob

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jail break
    Quote Originally Posted by windycitybags View Post
    I have jailbroke and unlocked my phone. put my straight sim in the iphone and nothing....

is there something else i should be doing?

okay the jailbreak and unlock didn't work so now i tried to reset my phone and now i think i have a frickin brick.... anyone? help!
    you need to have the e71 phone from straight talk even then you dont need to unlock or jail break to use the voice and tect on the iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks

I got a call from Straight Talk today. I guess I have been using too much data.

The idiots wont even tell me how much data I have been using. I know I have used a lot because I tether to my phone when I am on the road. This sucks, not even one month in and I am already getting ****** with!

Luckily, I made friends with one of the Philippiana girls I spoke with that does customer service for ST. I messaged her via FB, and told her what went down.

Once I know what they know I will give you guys heads up.

They did ask if I was tethering and if I had "modified" the phone I was using. I wonder if they know what phone I am using?? I will find out when she hits me back.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drambo17 View Post
    you need to have the e71 phone from straight talk even then you dont need to unlock or jail break to use the voice and tect on the iphone
    Correct, but you do need to jailbreak it if you want MMS
    StraightTalk iPhone4 3G

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nerologic View Post
    I got a call from Straight Talk today. I guess I have been using too much data.

The idiots wont even tell me how much data I have been using. I know I have used a lot because I tether to my phone when I am on the road. This sucks, not even one month in and I am already getting ****** with!

Luckily, I made friends with one of the Philippiana girls I spoke with that does customer service for ST. I messaged her via FB, and told her what went down.

Once I know what they know I will give you guys heads up.

They did ask if I was tethering and if I had "modified" the phone I was using. I wonder if they know what phone I am using?? I will find out when she hits me back.
    ROFL naa it's a legit nokia!!

There pretty much is no such thing as unlimited, all the carriers will feed you this to bring you in but there are caps in place which if you go over they will contact you.
    Some unlimited plans are actually only 5gb, and sadly they are not scared to give ya the boot. Apparently statistics say less than 10% of the population use over a GB of data a month and the rest use well under a GB a month so they would actually benefit in getting rid of you. LOL
    Yea I think it's ridiculous too haha, I don't even know how people can use such little data a month in this day in age of streaming, videos, pandora, messengers etc.
    I'm hoping when 4G becomes the standard and people start taking advantage of the extra bandwidth these caps will be raised but then again prices might too... ughh.

Thanks
    Just bought myself a 6 months unlimited plan on amazon for StraightTalk instead of $240 for $200 and might buy another to make it a year + 1 month for only $445 instead of $500 even $500 is big a saver already
    StraightTalk iPhone4 3G

Thanks

Just bought myself a 6 months unlimited plan on amazon for StraightTalk instead of $240 for $200 and might buy another to make it a year + 1 month for only $445 instead of $500 even $500 is big a saver already
    Dayammm and it gets lower!! That is from 41.5 to 33.3 a month! R u serious Rob.. -_- your just determined to knock my deal out huh lol.

Those numbers kinda don't add up tho o.O 6m for $200 so another one would be $400 no? What's the $445 from?

Thanks
    Dayammm and it gets lower!! That is from 41.5 to 33.3 a month! R u serious Rob.. -_- your just determined to knock my deal out huh lol.

Those numbers kinda don't add up tho o.O 6m for $200 so another one would be $400 no? What's the $445 from?
    I'm currently on the first month with a $45 plan I bought I had to try it first before stepping in fully
    StraightTalk iPhone4 3G

Thanks

Ahhh I see... man that is one heck of a deal... are those deals plentiful on amazon? Or just for like a limited time?

Hmm I don't see any ST plans on amazon o.O... what do you type in the search field?
    Last edited by Joemamafoo; 05-12-2011 at 01:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Ahhh I see... man that is one heck of a deal... are those deals plentiful on amazon? Or just for like a limited time?

Hmm I don't see any ST plans on amazon o.O... what do you type in the search field?
    I don't know I was just curious to see if amazon could beat ebay, and I found 1 for $200 I know I have it in my cart at home im currently at work and I can't find it either.

Hope its still saved in my cart at home, if I do i'll paste you the link

:-(
    Unfortunately I missed out as well

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Straight-Talk-Months-Unlimited-Refill/dp/B004AYZKE8/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_cart_1]Amazon.com: Straight Talk 6 Months Unlimited Refill Card: Electronics[/ame]

Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
    Last edited by robnyc; 05-12-2011 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    StraightTalk iPhone4 3G

Thanks

I don't know I was just curious to see if amazon could beat ebay, and I found 1 for $200 I know I have it in my cart at home im currently at work and I can't find it either.

Hope its still saved in my cart at home, if I do i'll paste you the link

:-(
    Unfortunately I missed out as well

Amazon.com: Straight Talk 6 Months Unlimited Refill Card: Electronics

Currently unavailable.
    We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
    It looks like it's $270 o.O which is higher than the $250 on the site, unless the seller was selling it cheaper.

Ehh it doesn't matter tho the savings isn't that great if you can only purchase one lol. ST still has good prices tho.

Thanks
    It looks like it's $270 o.O which is higher than the $250 on the site, unless the seller was selling it cheaper.

Ehh it doesn't matter tho the savings isn't that great if you can only purchase one lol. ST still has good prices tho.
    Yea it says $270 there but it was being sold for $200
    Well let's see if I finish this month of service without any issue if I feel safe about doing a savings with like 6 months or a year.
    StraightTalk iPhone4 3G

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

So will the SIM cards from phones other than the Nokia E71 work in an iPhone. I see people say no but is that no to 3G or will they work but only give you EDGE

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had the same situation with st....i was tethering and streaming music with pandora and mog & download apps for 2 month straight...bam...what happen...st customer rep call me and said they were following up on a investigation on to why and how i was using my nokia e71 (iphone 4 to be exact). they asked me if i had modified my phone or using any illegal software with my phone, i told them i was not capable of knowing or doing such thing to a cellular phone........i explained that i use my phone to stream music only and facebook, since im on a unlimited data plan, and she went on to telling me that my unlimited data plan was only, and only for web surfing...(BORING).......the rep then tells me how to use my nokia e71...(iphone 4).....that im not alloyed to stream music of any such conditions, and that its only for web surfing...(im like yup, watever you say dude)...

im starting to see many threads on how at&t, verizon and tmobile are cracking down on folks who are tethering with there cellular data plans...(plans that dont have tethering added)...this has all started since mywii came out with their tethering app...as for android who knows....!

i know turn my data off....only on whenever im in no reach of wifi....!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    So will the SIM cards from phones other than the Nokia E71 work in an iPhone. I see people say no but is that no to 3G or will they work but only give you EDGE
    everything works...ST runs off of at&t network towers....AT&T contracts with wal-mart, wal-mart then distributes at&t network as ST....!

as to how to getting whatever iphone to run off ST...GOOGLE & YOUTUBES your best friend...!
    Last edited by gyang401; 05-13-2011 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gyang401 View Post
    i had the same situation with st....i was tethering and streaming music with pandora and mog & download apps for 2 month straight...bam...what happen...st customer rep call me and said they were following up on a investigation on to why and how i was using my nokia e71 (iphone 4 to be exact). they asked me if i had modified my phone or using any illegal software with my phone, i told them i was not capable of knowing or doing such thing to a cellular phone........i explained that i use my phone to stream music only and facebook, since im on a unlimited data plan, and she went on to telling me that my unlimited data plan was only, and only for web surfing...(BORING).......the rep then tells me how to use my nokia e71...(iphone 4).....that im not alloyed to stream music of any such conditions, and that its only for web surfing...(im like yup, watever you say dude)...

im starting to see many threads on how at&t, verizon and tmobile are cracking down on folks who are tethering with there cellular data plans...(plans that dont have tethering added)...this has all started wince mywii came out with their tethering app...as for android who knows....!

i know turn my data off....only on whenever im in no reach of wifi....!

everything works...ST runs off of at&t network towers....AT&T contracts with wal-mart, wal-mart then distributes at&t network as ST....!

as to how to getting whatever iphone to run off ST...GOOGLE & YOUTUBES your best friend...!
    Everything I'm finding says only the E71 works but why wouldn't the cheaper GSM phone work on an iPhone. I can see the 3G part not working but to not work at all...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

^^^....the regular gsm ones are for normal non-smartphones, which were first introduced as ST aka Tracfone...which doesnt support 3g or gps....nokia e71 & nokia 6970 are the only 2....but then again, i figure if you have an unlock i2 i3g i3gs i4...u could be our guess and be the first to try it out with the non e71 and 6970...and give us the 411..."WinK" "WinK"
    Last edited by gyang401; 05-13-2011 at 05:30 PM.

Thanks

May have a slight problem.
    I have been using my 3gs w/ a ST SIM for a couple of months. Yesterday I bought a refill card and went to activate it, and they wouldn't let me because the e71's serial wasn't coming up in their system. ...long story short, I've been on the phone with ST's customer service for an hour and a half claiming ignorance, but when my service runs up, I may be screwed because I don't have an e71's serial number to give them.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.