Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Straight Talk GSM sim W/ iPhone

Thanks
    I just bought the nokia e71 from a ebay seller and saw its 100% Straight Talk nokia e71 branded that is.

Thanks

Hmm I remember researching this awhile back and that you couldn't do it with a IP4 and Tracphone or Virgin etc.

I think it had to do with something like these carriers are rented out cell spectrum's by the big carriers so like Tracphone borrows signals from multiple carriers and it's always changing?

I don't know I forgot but my conclusion was it won't work, but then again there is a way around everything

Thanks
    Hey guys im here to report i'm running my iPhone4 with StraightTalk unlimited plan that was activated on my nokia e71 sim card =)

All I'm missing is MMS, I don't wanna pay $5 right now lol since I'm still under contract with my Blackberry on sprint

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by robnyc View Post
    Hey guys im here to report i'm running my iPhone4 with StraightTalk unlimited plan that was activated on my nokia e71 sim card =)

All I'm missing is MMS, I don't wanna pay $5 right now lol since I'm still under contract with my Blackberry on sprint
    That's awesome, now that I think about it more maybe it was Tracfone and Net10 that wasn't working with IP4.
    I had a Tmobile prepaid at about 10c a minute and I'm sure Tracfone and Net10(same company) have the best rates around at about 6c a minute prepaid.
    After looking at Straighttalk's plans I think it was more just me deciding not to go with their plans seeing it would be more expensive for my needs.

I am gonna go with a att $25 a month 2gb data plan( ), tried to find a unlimited plan contract for sale but no luck :/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemamafoo View Post
    That's awesome, now that I think about it more maybe it was Tracfone and Net10 that wasn't working with IP4.
    I had a Tmobile prepaid at about 10c a minute and I'm sure Tracfone and Net10(same company) have the best rates around at about 6c a minute prepaid.
    After looking at Straighttalk's plans I think it was more just me deciding not to go with their plans seeing it would be more expensive for my needs.

I am gonna go with a att $25 a month 2gb data plan( ), tried to find a unlimited plan contract for sale but no luck :/
    Well ST $45 unlimited everything makes sense for me, funny I even made a few international phone calls today. The only way to get an iphone working is with ST unlimited plan which if you think about it its cheaper than AT&T's monthly plan, of course you first have to buy the nokia e71 phone I got it for $160 on ebay.

Thanks

Well ST $45 unlimited everything makes sense for me, funny I even made a few international phone calls today. The only way to get an iphone working is with ST unlimited plan which if you think about it its cheaper than AT&T's monthly plan, of course you first have to buy the nokia e71 phone I got it for $160 on ebay.
    Well if you really, really think about it, it's not cheaper.
    I understand $25 att data plan is not unlimited(2gb cap) but if I was able to get a hold of a $30 unlimited att data plan guess what?
    Not only am I paying $15 less than you a month but I get unlimited everything...
    Don't ask me how..

Thanks
    Well if you really, really think about it, it's not cheaper.
    I understand $25 att data plan is not unlimited(2gb cap) but if I was able to get a hold of a $30 unlimited att data plan guess what?
    Not only am I paying $15 less than you a month but I get unlimited everything...
    Don't ask me how..
    I wanna ask you how now
    PM if you want

Did you have to cut the sim card or does the E71 come with the micro sim? I'm thinking of this for an iPhone4.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MercMan007 View Post
    Did you have to cut the sim card or does the E71 come with the micro sim? I'm thinking of this for an iPhone4.
    Yes u have to buy the sim cutter on eBay I can recommend u the buyer I got mine from, received it the next day.

So Ive found a Samsung T401G with its sim card, will that sim work on my iphone? sorry for the noob question.. thanks

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserguy216 View Post
    So Ive found a Samsung T401G with its sim card, will that sim work on my iphone? sorry for the noob question.. thanks
    No only nokia e71
    StraightTalk iPhone4 3G

grrrrrrrrrrr... is there anyway to get just the sim card from straight talk?

also my iphone is jailbroken...
    Last edited by Laserguy216; 05-08-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laserguy216 View Post
    grrrrrrrrrrr... is there anyway to get just the sim card from straight talk?

also my iphone is jailbroken...
    You must have a nokia phone already lol they will ask you for the serial # .

Thanks

@robnyc Ya know I was looking at Straighttalk prices again and it is actually a pretty dam good deal if you consider the yearly or 6 month plan which are both at about $41.6 dollars a month... NOT BAD.
    My method is cheaper but with it so hard to get a $30 unlimited I wonder if 2gb is good enough for me personally a month, if it is not I might go with your route, cheers xD

Thanks
    @robnyc Ya know I was looking at Straighttalk prices again and it is actually a pretty dam good deal if you consider the yearly or 6 month plan which are both at about $41.6 dollars a month... NOT BAD.
    My method is cheaper but with it so hard to get a $30 unlimited I wonder if 2gb is good enough for me personally a month, if it is not I might go with your route, cheers xD
    Well $45 unlimted a month, 3 months $125, 6 months $250, 1yr $500
    Last edited by robnyc; 05-10-2011 at 03:30 AM.

Thanks

I can get the 3 month plan on ebay for $125 instead of $135, so let's say .. I buy 4 of those 3 month plans at $125 I'll still be saving $40 at the end of the year $500 instead of ST $540 lol even though ST is cheap already & best yet NO TAX!
    Well yea if you don't want to be stuck with an extra 3 months that ebay option is good lol.

I wonder who's spectrums ST uses... how's the signal reliability? do they offer only 3G?
    Thx

Thanks
    Well yea if you don't want to be stuck with an extra 3 months that ebay option is good lol.

I wonder who's spectrums ST uses... how's the signal reliability? do they offer only 3G?
    Thx
    It seems from my understanding according to facebook discussions all their phones that end with a C will run under Verizon tower and all their phones that end with a G will run under AT&T tower.

I been with sprint for 9yrs and this is my first time actually owning and now using this iPhone4 under ST which is basically at&t I am amazed how better it is. People can hear me better, I have faster 3G speeds and constant since last wednesday when I first got it. So signal reliability all depends on your area but for me so far so good better than sprint. I have a blackberry with sprint and am in contract till november.

Now I want to see if this sim card will work on AT&T android phones or AT&T blackberry.

Thanks

It seems from my understanding according to facebook discussions all their phones that end with a C will run under Verizon tower and all their phones that end with a G will run under AT&T tower.

I been with sprint for 9yrs and this is my first time actually owning and now using this iPhone4 under ST which is basically at&t I am amazed how better it is. People can hear me better, I have faster 3G speeds and constant since last wednesday when I first got it. So signal reliability all depends on your area but for me so far so good better than sprint. I have a blackberry with sprint and am in contract till november.

Now I want to see if this sim card will work on AT&T android phones or AT&T blackberry.
    So you confirm you have 3G on that nokia sim? I'm not sure if it was related to this but I remember reading something about using Nokia sim cards only being it used EDGE, so the company would only allow unlimited EDGE not 3G.
    Might have been another carrier o.O

Thanks
    So you confirm you have 3G on that nokia sim? I'm not sure if it was related to this but I remember reading something about using Nokia sim cards only being it used EDGE, so the company would only allow unlimited EDGE not 3G.
    Might have been another carrier o.O
    Correct I do have 3G, also Nokia e71 phone shows 3G service active. The edge or 3g issue is all depending on the person's location.
    Don't expect 3G if you live in a poor area where ATT coverage is limited.

I believe with ST it uses ATT primary and option to roam on Tmobile if ATT is not available. Which not might be the case since ATT has more coverage than tmo.

Thanks
    This is to confirm my 3G & speeds in my area
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -photo.png   -photo-1.png   -photo-2.png  
    Last edited by robnyc; 05-10-2011 at 03:39 AM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to robnyc For This Useful Post:

Joemamafoo (05-10-2011)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast