+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How do I get Cydia Wallpapers to work?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have 4.0.1 with the newest cydia. I download the wallpapers but i cant find it in the setting-wallpaper blah blah. so if anyone has any help would be great.
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default How do I get Cydia Wallpapers to work?
    I have 4.0.1 with the newest cydia. I download the wallpapers but i cant find it in the setting-wallpaper blah blah. so if anyone has any help would be great.

Also if someone can link a guide to using winter board would be cool ^^ ty.

Thanks
    Default I think you need Winterboard
    Most wallpapers from cydia are for use with winterboard. Download Winterboard from one of cydia's standard repo and then go into winterboard.app and tick/untick/rearrange your themes.
    Last edited by Bladaw; 08-10-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: sp.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

how do you rearrange your themes... there seems to be no option for it? i clicked all the options and respring over and over again with no luck... maybe winterboard is not working for 4.0.1?

Thanks
    Default Touch to the right of the theme names
    Quote Originally Posted by bhk1004 View Post
    how do you rearrange your themes... maybe winterboard is not working for 4.0.1?
    To rearrage them you touch on the right of the rows with the theme names where the icon of three horizontal lines are.

Im pretty sure winterboard has been updated for iOS4. Just check that the one you downloaded says 'compatible with your OS' (or something like that) in cydia.

Winterboard can be a bit buggy. If you can't get themes to work you may want to try getting 'iWipe Cache' from cydia, supposedly it can smooth things out for winterboard a little, especially if you've just upgraded from 3.x.x to iOS4 and some cleaning house needs to be done. Although I'm not sure if iWipe Cache is iOS4 compatible.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The Wallpapers get downloaded into Library/Wallpapers but they should be in Library/Wallpapers/iphone but you have to rename them all with a 3 digit number and you have to have a matching file that has that same number plus after the number a dot then thumbnail for example the old pic was called lion.png you have to rename that to any 3 digit number for example 253 so then rename it to 253.png and you have to have a matching file which says 253.thumbnail.png if you have a lot of files i suggest using bulk rename utility search on google. if you have a look in library/wallpapers/iphone you will understand