Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Beware I just got conned on ebay

iPhone? More like MyPhone slavipz's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Beware I just got conned on ebay
    Hey, just wanted to let you all know what happened to me on ebay, so you must all be very careful. I have bought this item: New Factory Sealed iPhone 4 4G 16GB Black UNLOCKED - eBay (item 130415998567 end time Jul-31-10 09:01:22 PDT) for 925 USD and today I have received the item. However the box was sized as a REGULAR Iphone box., but it was full of nothing but paper!!! The guy selling the item is with Seller's ID: urbanmomma and real name Chris Steinbart, The seller has a rating of 1250 so I paid with confidence. I have opened a case with ebay to see what are they going to do about as they are advertising the I'm fully covered as a buyer. However i really want this guy to be dead. I really can't believe that there are such kind of people on this world. It is unbelievable!!! Do you hav such kind of experience with ebay sellers and what have happen, did your problem got resolved by ebay?

Here is a picture of what I got:

2. The Following User Says Thank You to slavipz For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-16-2010)

Harsh, hunt him down and cave his skull in with a hammer... Just goes to show feedback means nothing and you can't trust it. Good luck getting it sorted out.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to disenchanted For This Useful Post:

cypherpunk (09-29-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by disenchanted View Post
    Harsh, hunt him down and cave his skull in with a hammer... Just goes to show feedback means nothing and you can't trust it. Good luck getting it sorted out.
    Ebay's advertising their "Buyer protection" saying that the full purchase price is covered. I will see about that and then will report him to the police!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to slavipz For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-16-2010), jaykain (08-09-2010)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow that really sucks, hope you get your money back in full!! I'd be so seriously p'd off I'd wanna kill someone too!!

that sucks do you think it could be some one in the delivery chain could have swapped it out it happens in the UK

I wish I had a miniature elephant that fit in the palm of my hand. I would pick him up and he'd lift up his trunk and stand on his back legs and say PRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPHHHHHHHH and I would say yes little elephant i love you too.

Make sure in the item description that it doesn't say "iPhone 4 16Gb unlocked paper box

Thanks
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

i had this problem with a guy i found him sent the boys round should see him now peaple that do this should think before because they cant getaway with it good luck with this cheers

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

dont mean to be harsh, but who would be selling a REAL iphone4 on ebay for under 1000 when they are next to impossible to buy, i imagine real ones would go for much much higher

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

I apologize for that idiot i hope you get your money back. I have a similiar story someone purchased a brand new 3g from me a year ago and said if i can send it to his son in the phillipines i felt like i can do him a favor and send it to his son he said his son has no phone and no way to contact his father i felt bad so i sent it to him in the phillipines sure enough 2 months later i get a chargeback claim from his credit card company and paypal. Total of $669 gone. Please be careful people there are a lot of scammers online. Buyers and sellers.

Livin the iPhone Life iNT3Rv3NTiONZz's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcyprus View Post
    I apologize for that idiot i hope you get your money back. I have a similiar story someone purchased a brand new 3g from me a year ago and said if i can send it to his son in the phillipines i felt like i can do him a favor and send it to his son he said his son has no phone and no way to contact his father i felt bad so i sent it to him in the phillipines sure enough 2 months later i get a chargeback claim from his credit card company and paypal. Total of $669 gone. Please be careful people there are a lot of scammers online. Buyers and sellers.
    how the **** am i an idiot? i pretty much said what you just said, majority of people on ebay are con artists and will do anything to mack people off!

iPhone4 16gb black - 4.1 Limera1ned
    iPhone 3G 16gb white - 3.1.2 jailbroken
    Blackra1ned
    THANKYOU ONCE AGAIN GEOHOT!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MaxxyBoii2K10 View Post
    how the **** am i an idiot? i pretty much said what you just said, majority of people on ebay are con artists and will do anything to mack people off!
    I think that poster was referring to the ebayer being the idiot not you, just didn't use the right punctuation!

Thanks

Just opened a case on ebay, and waiting to see their reponse. I have also filed a claim in the bank who issued my card, in order to cancel the transaction and I have a protocol from the post office here saying that in the presence of the chief of the post office and one of the employees and me we have opened the package and it contains white peaces of paper, a couple of plastic bags and nothing else. The weight of the package written on the packing slip by the USPS in USA is the same as it is right now. It was sealed with the plastic thing of USPS so 100% sure that bustard is a liar and a thief. I called USPS to file a claim because the item was insured for the full value of 900 USD, but they "nice" lady on the phone said that only the sender can file a claim what the... ??? So I can be conning people and USPS will do nothing to pay the amount of the insurance... because if I'm the con man I wouldn't file a claim...

iPhone? More like MyPhone mbeezy81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kingcyprus View Post
    The same thing almost happened to me when I was selling my 3G iPhone on craigslist. A guy emailed me and asked if I can wrap it as a gift and send it to his son in Africa. He said he would send me the money via Western Union because he was in Iraq so he couldn't meet me. Luckily I was hip to his scam and told him to **** off.

Thanks

Seriously, people still use eBay/online for purchases over 30!!!!! Not me, not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by slavipz View Post
    Hey, just wanted to let you all know what happened to me on ebay, so you must all be very careful. I have bought this item: New Factory Sealed iPhone 4 4G 16GB Black UNLOCKED - eBay (item 130415998567 end time Jul-31-10 09:01:22 PDT) for 925 USD and today I have received the item. However the box was sized as a REGULAR Iphone box., but it was full of nothing but paper!!! The guy selling the item is with Seller's ID: urbanmomma and real name Chris Steinbart, The seller has a rating of 1250 so I paid with confidence. I have opened a case with ebay to see what are they going to do about as they are advertising the I'm fully covered as a buyer. However i really want this guy to be dead. I really can't believe that there are such kind of people on this world. It is unbelievable!!! Do you hav such kind of experience with ebay sellers and what have happen, did your problem got resolved by ebay?

Here is a picture of what I got:
    Puchasing a big ticket item from ebay is very risky business, Make sure to leave the seller a horrible negative feedback.
    Also, Print out each and every single document you can and file reports with your local police station, and possibley the FBI. This can help prevent him from ever using ebay again.
    If ebay sees that there is a Police report against him, they will more than likely get scarred and ban him from ebay, Since they hold alot of the liability for him.

Also, if you want to be extra carefull on buy from a top rated power seller.
    I am a top Rated Power seller and I even Add our Company 1-800 number under the sub-title of each listing.
    iPhone Repair

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Heh, this has happened to me multiple times. Just file the claim with paypal and hope it all goes smooth
    If I somehow helped you, press thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokemyi View Post
    Puchasing a big ticket item from ebay is very risky business, Make sure to leave the seller a horrible negative feedback.
    Also, Print out each and every single document you can and file reports with your local police station, and possibley the FBI. This can help prevent him from ever using ebay again.
    If ebay sees that there is a Police report against him, they will more than likely get scarred and ban him from ebay, Since they hold alot of the liability for him.

Also, if you want to be extra carefull on buy from a top rated power seller.
    I am a top Rated Power seller and I even Add our Company 1-800 number under the sub-title of each listing.
    This is what I'm planning to do!!!

Sue the motherf*cker for what he is. What a pathetic life he must have, anyone who cons for anything deserves to drop dead.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by piston597 View Post
    Sue the motherf*cker for what he is. What a pathetic life he must have, anyone who cons for anything deserves to drop dead.
    Agree! Absolute lowlife. Why can't these people put effort into making good money. Makes me sick.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to se23 For This Useful Post:

mahgninnuc93 (10-08-2010)

Damn that really sucks.

I bought my iphone 4 through ebay and was very scared about something like this happening. Luckily it didnt.

I'm very sorry it happen to you cause I know it really sucks and feels terrible.

Plese post your progress and let us know how this ends up being resolved.

Best of luck!!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast