+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpoofMac

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey I was wondering if when I spoof my Mac address will it change it for good or will it go back to what it was?
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Mobster103's Avatar
    Thanks

Default SpoofMac
    Hey I was wondering if when I spoof my Mac address will it change it for good or will it go back to what it was?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Changes it for good. Messes up your wireless networks, so remember what it was.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Mobster103's Avatar
    Thanks

ok so i can change it back to what it was before and still connect to my mac address protected wifi connection?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malakov08 View Post
    Changes it for good. Messes up your wireless networks, so remember what it was.
    Incorrect, it will go back to normal after you reboot you iphone. But it hasn't worked since the iphone 3G

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Like he said, it hasn't been working for a long time. I guess it does change it back, but mine never did...I don't know why.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sorry to drag this up but I desperately need to change my wifi MAC address, does anyone know how this can now be done on an iPhone 4 with 4.0.1 ??

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I was looking into this months ago and still have not found a way to do this. I have a 3GS with the old bootrom on 4.0.1 firmware, and none of the gui's or terminal commands work.

Ok I just went and looked at the original post I made about this issue and someone seems to have found a solution

Spoof MAC address on iPhone 3GS?

It looks like this method has a lot of problems though, it's a permanent change so you should write down your actual address, and some people have said it crashes their apps, won't connect to the AT&T network, or gets stuck in recovery mode. Maybe some day I will be brave enough to try it.
    Last edited by Gerald.Ford; 10-03-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost