+ Reply
Page 1 of 35 123 11 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys, before jailbreaking my iPhone 4 i had amazing battery life. Now it RAPIDLY Drains even in standby! im talking 5-6% / HOUR!!!! i have tried everything from turning
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 Battery DRAIN!! After Jailbreak.
    Hey guys, before jailbreaking my iPhone 4 i had amazing battery life. Now it RAPIDLY Drains even in standby! im talking 5-6% / HOUR!!!! i have tried everything from turning off push notifications to dimming the screen down to 25%. These are the MobileSubstrate apps that i have installed and running

Activator
    DisplayStack
    My3G
    PreferenceLoader
    Libhide
    UltraSn0w.

Any help?? i am going crazy here ..... i know after jailbreaking your supposed to see little bit more battery drain but this is ridiculous!!!!!! any help will be GREATELY appreciated!!!!

Green Apple
    Thanks

When u r not using facetime just clear my3g from multitasking bar , running my3g on background one of the battery drainer.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Os7.1.0 For This Useful Post:

jayjayluv717 (04-25-2011)

Thanks

My battery life also suck big time, and I'm not even running My3G. I restored back to stock, jailbroke and just installed ultraSn0w and its much better. This really suck because I would love to take advantage of all the cool jailbreaking capabilities.

Is it all because of MobileSubstrate??

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

WHich bar are you refering to? the SBSettings menu? or to i open SBSettings window and press more - > MobileSubstrate Addons, and turn it off from there? ALso in the SBSettings menu the only option for My3G is to turn it to "Always ON" i always have it in off ... let me know thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Os7.1.0 View Post
    When u r not using facetime just clear my3g from multitasking bar , running my3g on background one of the battery drainer.
    Ok figured out the problem. It was sbsettings. I unintalled it along with preference loader, libhide, activator and my battery is now back to normal. Its been st 18% for the last 20 min! To completely get rid of sbsettings you have to go into cydia and uninstall all the components one by one. Sbsettings, activator, libhide, displaystack, preferenceloader. My3G was not the problem at all!!! Thank for all your help anyways guys.
    Last edited by therockk; 08-06-2010 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Strange, I was under the impression SBSettings didnt make much a difference battery wise.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Yeah all I have is sbsettings and for me my battery seems fine. Could be wrong tho. Maybe I'll uninstall it today and compare. I used to only really use sbsettings to kill background apps anyway.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Having same problem , first i had think my battery is die and went to apple store(yea i recovered it and removed JB). The *** took it made a 10 min facetime call and told to me "I dont see any isue with ur phone , you just losed 1% at all".

I came back at home and made a Jailbreak again.So my battery was 100% , i went 11,49 PM to bed , at the morning i had 79% only for standby. I dont use My3G or anything els , jsut Cydia is the new App for my iPhone 4 and i dont got any Apss WiFi or Bt in background running.

4 Hours ago i recovered it back to Standart apple IOs and still having 78% at same place after recovery.

Any one els had that problem? I have a german iPhone 4 .

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    WHich bar are you refering to? the SBSettings menu? or to i open SBSettings window and press more - > MobileSubstrate Addons, and turn it off from there? ALso in the SBSettings menu the only option for My3G is to turn it to "Always ON" i always have it in off ... let me know thanks!!

Ok figured out the problem. It was sbsettings. I unintalled it along with preference loader, libhide, activator and my battery is now back to normal. Its been st 18% for the last 20 min! To completely get rid of sbsettings you have to go into cydia and uninstall all the components one by one. Sbsettings, activator, libhide, displaystack, preferenceloader. My3G was not the problem at all!!! Thank for all your help anyways guys.

Just uninstalled sbsettings etc.. and hope this helps

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have no idea what to do...losing 5% an hour....only thing installed is ultrasn0w.....3g off cell data off....brightness less than half...no purple arrow at the top right....no apps....nothing...just standby..and its dying....same thing happens everytime...3 full restores and JB and UL....same thing....only happens after I install ultrasn0w...please help!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by samin0786 View Post
    I have no idea what to do...losing 5% an hour....only thing installed is ultrasn0w.....3g off cell data off....brightness less than half...no purple arrow at the top right....no apps....nothing...just standby..and its dying....same thing happens everytime...3 full restores and JB and UL....same thing....only happens after I install ultrasn0w...please help!!!
    Anyone try asking @comex on twitter if he knows anything about this? I'll try, but I hate to bug the guy. Just think we all would like a possible solution for this.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I see no battery loss and Ive got everything running that you guys seem to have running. Odd. Im going to test this as well. ><

Thanks

I know people say sbsettings doesn't cause battery drain. But after I removed that and open ssh I promise my battery life increased. Honestly I don't really need it anymore. I'm not worried about saving three seconds to change the brightness. Lol. I was wondering is there a chance that processes and native iPhone multitasking are interfering with each other? It might seem like a dumb question but it makes me wonder.
    Last edited by PWNsyst3m; 08-06-2010 at 11:08 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't have any cydia packages installed other than ultrasn0w....and when i take off ultrasn0w....its back to normal...so..

Thanks
    Thanked 3,855 Times in 884 Posts

Yousaid before you jailbroke you had amazing battery life. My question is why use ultraslow? If your on a supported carrier then no need to unlock.

Now if you were using the phone with out cell service waiting for an unlock then that's why your now seeing a battery difference. Mine has not changed sense I got my iPhone on AT&T. Jailbreak has no effect on battery for me. I always get about 16 hrs out of it

Your saying 5 percent an hour? That gives you 20 hours of battery. IMHO that is amazing. Not a smart phone out there that will last that long

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post
    Yousaid before you jailbroke you had amazing battery life. My question is why use ultraslow? If your on a supported carrier then no need to unlock.

Now if you were using the phone with out cell service waiting for an unlock then that's why your now seeing a battery difference. Mine has not changed sense I got my iPhone on AT&T. Jailbreak has no effect on battery for me. I always get about 16 hrs out of it

Your saying 5 percent an hour? That gives you 20 hours of battery. IMHO that is amazing. Not a smart phone out there that will last that long
    Ya but the iPhone 4 is suppose to last longer then that.

I'm going to test this tonight, my iPhone is charged at 96% I'll see in the morning if it holds that charge or if it drops by alot. I'm expecting 90-93% charge in the morning. I have Sbsettings installed, with push on and wifi. I also have openssh and 3g unrestrictor but they are both set to off. Hope nothing decreases.

Thanks

I have 2 other friends with iPhone 4 and we all get the aame battery life. The iPhone 4has a good battery but it isn't Jesus. Lol.

My 3GS wouldnt last throigh a days worn with out needing a charge. Getting 16 hrs of batterylife is amazing to me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by subywrex View Post

No...I said after I jailbroke, I had really good battery life. after I installed ultrasn0w...it went to 5%/hour.....how is that good??? Im talking about a drop of 5% every hour...WHILE in standby mode...with 3G off...cellular data off...wifi off...etc....i don't believe that is good battery life...but please tell me if im wrong guys.....and I need an unlock...b/c im studying abroad...and i don't want to roam on AT&T....so i am using a local provider...and before when I was back at home on AT&T last month...battery was not dying this fast...

Quote Originally Posted by Malakov08 View Post
    I see no battery loss and Ive got everything running that you guys seem to have running. Odd. Im going to test this as well. ><
    do you have ultrasn0w??? because thats all I have..and im facing the problem.
    Last edited by samin0786; 08-07-2010 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

19. The Following User Says Thank You to samin0786 For This Useful Post:

ufcsean (08-11-2010)

Green Apple
    Thanks

this ultrasn0w issue is becoming a big one. i'm another person suffering on the drain. it only happens after i installed ultrasn0w. i posted elsewhere regarding this but i'll post again...

stuff i already tried:

1. Full cycle charge (drain to nothing and charge to 100%)
    ---a. From cable to computer
    ---b. From cable to outlet
    2. Restore from backup and re-jailbreak+unlock in iOS 4
    3. Restore from backup and re-jailbreak+unlock in iOS 4.0.1
    4. Restore as new phone and re-jailbreak+unlock in iOS 4
    5. Restore as new phone and re-jailbreak+unlock in iOS 4.0.1
    6. Removed Activator, Libhide, PreferenceLoader, and anything SBSettings related
    7. Disabled 3G, disabled Wifi, disabled Push, disabled Bluetooth
    8. Not leave anything in the multi-tasking menu (although I don't even think this would affect it)
    9. Low brightness
    10. Reseat the SIM
    11. Coat the SIM edge with nail polish to prevent the metallic coat from grounding the tray
    12. Go insane >=|

Again, BEFORE the jailbreak/unlock, battery was lasting around 3 days for me before I needed any charge whatsoever. I still had 20% or so after 3 days.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tested on standby overnight. Sbsettings, open SSH and my3G turned on. 5% battery drain over 8 hours. Sounds to me like an ultrasn0w issue. Why are you unlocking if your carrier is AT&T?

Thanks

If your getting battery drain on standby then yea you have an issue. I thought youbwere averaging out your battery life.

Like I said on a normal day I get about 4-5% battery per hour. Sometimes I'm on standby and sometimes I'm on itfor 2 hour straight. All I know is this phone drastically has better battery live than it's predecessors.

5 percent batterylife (average with out special treatment ie turning features off) I would say is good battery life (100 devided by 5 is 20) so again 20 hours out of a battery on a smart phone that is used constantly would be absolutely finominal.

Your battery life also boils down to your usage and what type of usage. My friend was only getting like 8 hrs out of his battery but then after this "honey moon" period was over. With the phone and he went back to normal usages his battery was consistent with mine.

How many hours total do you get?