+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help... Incrased battery usage for some reason.

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
My 3gs is just just over a year old. I am still running 3.2 firmware and it's been jailbroken for about a year using Blackra1n. In the last two weeks
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Help... Incrased battery usage for some reason.
    My 3gs is just just over a year old. I am still running 3.2 firmware and it's been jailbroken for about a year using Blackra1n.

In the last two weeks I've noticed that the battery is loosing its charge much faster than in the past. I haven't added any apps nor do I use the phone any different than I've always used it. The only thing I've done is the usual app updates to include Cydia and Rockapp.

I've also rebooted the phone several times over the last couple weeks to close any apps/resources that may be running in background.

I don't think the battery is getting weak. I normally only have to charge the phone over night and by that time the battery meter is somewhere between 10% and 20%. Now I don't expect the battery capacity to be 100% like new but normally batteries loose their capacity gradually over time if properly taken care of. I am using the battery the way it is designed to be used. Fully charge then use until it is low but not too low before recharging.

I think that one of the apps that I recently updated has become a battery hog.

NOW... is there an app that is like a Windows Task Manager that will help me see what is running and how much resources it is using?

Do you have any other suggestions or insight?

Regards,
    Tom

Thanks

Ummm, theres no such thing as 3.2 for iPhone, but try the procces menu in SBSettings
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ummm, ok meant firmware 3.1.2 my apologies.

okay so I installed SBSettings and what am I supposed to look for in there? Can I kill all the processes? I have phone, mail and ipod running.

If i touch the minus it asks if I want to delete. I don't want to delete the phone, mail or ipod. does it just kill the process temporarily?

Should ipod be running even when I am not listening to music? I have always kept my mail on push (I guess you cal it) so that I get alerts when I have new mail but, I've always had that on.

Tom

Thanks

In SBSettings turn on the procceses switch (I believe it's default), click it, exit apps then Press free up memory

iPhone? More like MyPhone yaranzo's Avatar
    Thanks

My iPod Touch 3G did the same thing before. This is a problem wich is happening only with 3.1.2(it was the reason why apple did 3.1.3). The only way I know to fix it is upgrading to a newer version of the ios.

Thanks

Kill winterboard and turn on wifi, bluetooth, and location services when they arent in use. Restoring your device sometimes helps.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yaranzo View Post
    My iPod Touch 3G did the same thing before. This is a problem wich is happening only with 3.1.2(it was the reason why apple did 3.1.3). The only way I know to fix it is upgrading to a newer version of the ios.
    No, apple did 3.1.3 to fix that problem on the iPhone 3gs, playlist problems, language problems. And mainly to piss of jailbreakers
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No