Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question: Cydia says I have SHSH on file for 4.0 and I've never been on 4.0?

Default Question: Cydia says I have SHSH on file for 4.0 and I've never been on 4.0?
    please take a look at the photo from the link I posted below. I have not yet upgraded to 4.0 yet cydia says I have SHSH hashes on file for 4.0. Is that accurate? Will I be able to downgrade to 4.0 from whatever is the most current FW when i do upgrade so I can use the jailbreakme.com tool if apple patches the exploit? Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by nickxxx; 08-02-2010 at 08:20 PM.

Thanks

It's been covered many MANY times... they are save automatically when they are available from apple...

But I thought the shshs were device specific? Or does it work with each new firmware once I've saved it with an earlier one? Is that correct?

It is Device specific, as soon as a new firmware is released, cydia automatically creates your devices shsh for that firmware

Once you tell Saurik's server to "make your life easier" it will grab the new SHSH for each firmware that comes out for that device.

Ohhh ok I had no idea. Thanks guys!