Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating ip4 to 4.0.1 2hours????

Default Updating ip4 to 4.0.1 2hours????
    I'm updating my iphone 4 to 4.0.1 to then jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com and it says 2 hours remaining.

Is this normal 2 hours for 4.0.1 update?? Or has Apple patched something and I should abort this!!!!

I need an unlock in orderto be able to use my phone!!!

just did it, 10 min + - a minute

Wow!!

Why is it taking so long on mine. It's been 5 minutes since I started the update and it has gone down from 2 hours to 89 minutes!!

Is something not right here???

are you updating via itunes? just download the 4.0.1 update file and restore it itunes..

edit: try downloading latest itunes also
    Last edited by llj143; 08-02-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Yes, I'm updating via itunes. Is this normal then?

dunno, or maybe your having a slow connection, 4.0.1 is around 580mb, try downloading the file..

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...6_Restore.ipsw

- i use the latest itunes 9.2.1, i restore it via itunes, hold shift and click restore button and locate 4.0.1
    - when you use jailbreakme see if there's no programs running at multitasking, close everything, reboot your phone and do the jailbreak

works good in my i4
    Last edited by llj143; 08-02-2010 at 04:31 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to llj143 For This Useful Post:

allanes5 (08-02-2010)

Quote Originally Posted by llj143 View Post
    dunno, or maybe your having a slow connection, 4.0.1 is around 580mb, try downloading the file..

http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/06...6_Restore.ipsw

- i use the latest itunes 9.2.1, i restore it via itunes, hold shift and click restore button and locate 4.0.1
    - when you use jailbreakme see if there's no programs running at multitasking, close everything, reboot your phone and do the jailbreak

works good in my i4
    Thanks for the help!

It did end up taking the full two hours to download and install via itunes.
    I did exactly as you suggested closed everything running on multi tasking, rebooted the phone and then ran jailbreakme.com

Worked out smoothly!!

I do get the blue lines at the top after I boot the phone like some have described!!

yup i think everyone experience that including me.. glad i could help