Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I miss the old days of jailbreaking...

My iPhone is a Part of Me zsuns's Avatar
    Thanks

Default I miss the old days of jailbreaking...
    Bringing back Jailbreakme.com really makes me wish the old days of jailbreaking back in 2007, where you had to go through many procedures as well as download multiple things and change files around on your computer, where you didn't actually know if the jailbreak was going to work, or even worse, you thought your phone was bricked after every time something didn't work out! haha now everything is automated and simply one or two clicks or now a "slide to jailbreak", it shows how far we really have come when it comes to modding our devices if you ask me.
    A Thanks is always nice =]

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

I dont miss them, I remember on 2007 it took me like 7 hours to jailbreak my 2G. Now thanks to the DevTeam I dont miss those days.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by javiert30 View Post
    I dont miss them, I remember on 2007 it took me like 7 hours to jailbreak my 2G. Now thanks to the DevTeam I dont miss those days.
    For me the hours of panic and knowing reading up tutorials word by word was fun. And the feeling of knowing that you have successfully jailbroken you iPhone after all that time was so rewarding.

Yesterday I jailbroken my iPhone 4 and apart from the long server timeouts in cydia, I didnt have to do anything but slide and wait... It didnt feel as rewarding as the old school days.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Bleeditout2130's Avatar
    Thanks

I miss it too.

Now people are jailbreaking that have no idea what they are doing. I'm getting so many calls and texts of "I jailbroke, now what?" You do some research online and teach yourself now, that's what. Trying to explain how to even SSH to some of these people is crazy.

Haha, took me three days, about 10 restores, and hours each day trying to find a valid solution to jailbreak/unlock my iPhone that didn't freeze it. Even blackra1n shocked me with its "Jailbreak" button.

My iPhone is a Part of Me kadinh's Avatar
    Thanks

i dont miss those days at all. it is a little disappointing that now ppl who have no idea why they even want to jailbreak are doing it and then ask "now what do i do". thats a little irritating, but ill take that over bricking my pretty phone any day...