Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Consider Between Blackra1n and Redsnow

Default Consider Between Blackra1n and Redsnow
    Hi everybody! I have an iphone 3G with MB model. Now, I want to jailbreak my iphone but I don't know which one is the best for me. I consider between using blackra1n and redsnow. Does every one have any advice for me between those software? I am so appreciated. Thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone HeavyD4's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 4.0 compatible
    Whats up just happened to have my 3G freeze up n I never JB b4 my friends would 4 me,a few days b4 it did my cousin upgraded me 2 4.0 n at fist didn't care but realized lots of non compatible stuff 4 a while so I tried it myself I actually restored it to 4.0 fist then used black rain it was up to par,so the I tried restoring it to 3.1.2 which apple isn't allowing n e more but I got it so then I used redsnow n that was fine so for the he'll of it I tried a third time and used spirit and it works gr8 but I'm not sure if it works on 4.0 yet sorry 4 dragging but I hope I helped in n e way
    Last edited by HeavyD4; 08-01-2010 at 02:31 AM. Reason: Left out info

Quote Originally Posted by queinnel View Post
    Hi everybody! I have an iphone 3G with MB model. Now, I want to jailbreak my iphone but I don't know which one is the best for me. I consider between using blackra1n and redsnow. Does every one have any advice for me between those software? I am so appreciated. Thanks
    BlackRa1n doesn't JB iOS4 - RedSn0w does.
    BlackRa1n has a problem which exaggerates the existing race condition resulting in loss of WiFi on about 1 in 10 3G phones. RedSn0w has no such problem.
    I actually advised George to release without support for the 3G as we knew it had problems, RC2 has fixed some of them but RedSn0w is still the better option.
    Last edited by confucious; 08-01-2010 at 04:50 AM.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyD4 View Post
    Whats up just happened to have my 3G freeze up n I never JB b4 my friends would 4 me,a few days b4 it did my cousin upgraded me 2 4.0 n at fist didn't care but realized lots of non compatible stuff 4 a while so I tried it myself I actually restored it to 4.0 fist then used black rain it was up to par,so the I tried restoring it to 3.1.2 which apple isn't allowing n e more but I got it so then I used redsnow n that was fine so for the he'll of it I tried a third time and used spirit and it works gr8 but I'm not sure if it works on 4.0 yet sorry 4 dragging but I hope I helped in n e way
    Longest sentence ever!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to skiptowncat For This Useful Post:

area51crypto (08-01-2010)

Thanks

Can't b that long u read the whole thing,was hard to xplain weird situation without being that long,not like u have much to do if ur reading posts, bored as I was!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It was quite difficult to read, no punctuation was the point I was making.

Thanks

I know sorry I couldn't sleep it was late and was trying to make short as I could sorry,plus I failed English that's y I'm an ironworker. Lol! Sorry!

Thank you everybody. I had downgrade my iphone back to 3.1.2 and used redsnow 0.9.2. Blackra1n is fast but it have some issues. The Redsnow is slow but it will be the best way to jailbreak.