Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Friends Iphone stolen, how to protect accounts?

Default Friends Iphone stolen, how to protect accounts?
    My friend's housed just got robbed today , and they took a couple of stuff including her 16gb iphone 4. My question is, if we changed the gmail passwords for the accounts she was using on her phone, would that prevent the crooks from retrieving any old mail that was downloaded to the phone, or only just new mail? Luckily, she still has her micro-sim card, I dont know if that helps or not.

iPhone? More like MyPhone theappman's Avatar
    Thanks

It should be able to.

My iPhone is a Part of Me area51crypto's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1987 View Post
    My friend's housed just got robbed today , and they took a couple of stuff including her 16gb iphone 4. My question is, if we changed the gmail passwords for the accounts she was using on her phone, would that prevent the crooks from retrieving any old mail that was downloaded to the phone, or only just new mail? Luckily, she still has her micro-sim card, I dont know if that helps or not.
    Yes if she does it before who ever stole the iphone does!

Contact the carrier and they will bar the iphone and it cannot be used again!

When you said she still has her micro-sim card was it for the iphone 4?

Was wondering why she had it out of the phone, but if she did thats great!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Yeah change all info possible that was accessed with the phone to be safe. Bank accounts, emails, etc. Definitely like ^ said, get the phone blacklisted so they cant ever use it again.

thanks for the replies guys. I actually found out the other end of the story, we thought her phone was stolen, but it wasnt, her boyfriend had took it without telling her before the robbery (thank goodness) to the apple store to get a replacement (her phone wasn't working right), but he said he forgot to delete all the mail and other data when he handed apple the defect unit.

So my question is, is she still OK? We still changed passwords, and etc, but her boyfriend said the Genius bar put the old phone in a black box I guess to send back to apple so idk....