+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Should I put a Put zagg full body kit myself for iphone 4, or have a rep do it?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Just bought the zagg full body kit for the iphone 4. Is it easy enough for me to put because I dont mind having someone else do it, but I've
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Should I put a Put zagg full body kit myself for iphone 4, or have a rep do it?
    Just bought the zagg full body kit for the iphone 4. Is it easy enough for me to put because I dont mind having someone else do it, but I've seen how rough some reps are on the back lens, and front camera. Just wanted to know if anyone had any tips, opinions, etc.

Thanks

Have them do it. It is such a pain in the *** if you get ANY dust under it.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Depends how much they charge..I find it very easy, just time consuming, took me a half hour to put mine on, but it was easy, especially for the iPhone 4 because it has a simple body. It was much harder on the 3gs with all the curves. I guess it's up to u if it's worth the money

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Depends how much they charge..I find it very easy, just time consuming, took me a half hour to put mine on, but it was easy, especially for the iPhone 4 because it has a simple body. It was much harder on the 3gs with all the curves. I guess it's up to u if it's worth the money
    Usually it is like $8. Best Buy put my invisashield on for that much. I'd rather them do it because if they mess up, they replace your screen protector.

The i4 is SO much easier than the 3gs though, I agree.

Thanks

I see, the I was contemplating on having the same guy do it from best buy, but last time he took the scraping tool that comes with the zagg and was going at it by the lens, Idk if hit did a small-little microscopic, 20/20 vision scratch on the front camera, but the back lens was perfect, when I ask him to be careful, he said the iphone 4 has a tough scratchproof screen.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyT1987 View Post
    I see, the I was contemplating on having the same guy do it from best buy, but last time he took the scraping tool that comes with the zagg and was going at it by the lens, Idk if hit did a small-little microscopic, 20/20 vision scratch on the front camera, but the back lens was perfect, when I ask him to be careful, he said the iphone 4 has a tough scratchproof screen.
    Make that idiot replace your phone. If they screw it up, they HAVE to replace it.

Thanks

Are they worth having since they turn yellow and smudge?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Are they worth having since they turn yellow and smudge?
    I haven't had one smudge, and I haven't had one turn yellow since they updated their products a few months ago.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to akward silence For This Useful Post:

mj0528 (07-26-2010)

Thanks

Will it work well with a bumper?

Thanks

It works with mine It just takes some moving around. I haven't tried it with a legit bumper though.

I even ordered a knock off bumper from ebay ($0.01 ) and it works with that.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to akward silence For This Useful Post:

mj0528 (07-26-2010)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    Make that idiot replace your phone. If they screw it up, they HAVE to replace it.
    Yea, I would have, but he said they dont have any iphone 4's in stock, and also, I bought the iphone 4 at another best buy 4 hours from where I live lol.

If I have enough patience, is it quite simple to put on myself, or can I risk water-damaging the phone or anything? Because I know I'm going to be careful not to scrap along the front camera/back camera, and take precaution with it.

Thanks

Will they work with an apple bumper?

Thanks awkward for the quick response!
    Last edited by mj0528; 07-26-2010 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Yea, I would have, but he said they dont have any iphone 4's in stock, and also, I bought the iphone 4 at another best buy 4 hours from where I live lol.

If I have enough patience, is it quite simple to put on myself, or can I risk water-damaging the phone or anything? Because I know I'm going to be careful not to scrap along the front camera/back camera, and take precaution with it.
    Any best buy can/will replace invisashield's/iphones. Doesn't matter where you bough it. I bought my invisashield an hour away from where I live, but I recently had my invisashield replaced at my local best buy.

Quote Originally Posted by mj0528 View Post
    Will they work with an apple bumper?

Thanks awkward for the quick response!
    Yes it will.

No problem, glad to help

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,938 Times in 1,095 Posts

just had best buy do it, $12 for front and back, flawless. i didnt watch this time but when they did my 3gs they went through 3 of them to get it right! try doing that yourself!

Thanks

If I have enough patience, is it quite simple to put on myself, or can I risk water-damaging the phone or anything?
    It comes with some alchohol-based liquid which they say is fine to use on phones, I literally dump it onto my phones and never have any problems, I turn my phone on 5 mins after installation and no water damage problems. The key to installation is to use the liquid they provide, and abuse it, don't worry about water damage, just spray all over. It will make it a lot easier

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    Any best buy can/will replace invisashield's/iphones. Doesn't matter where you bough it. I bought my invisashield an hour away from where I live, but I recently had my invisashield replaced at my local best buy.

Yes it will.

No problem, glad to help
    Thanks for the info. So what if they mess up, and dont have any iphone 4's in stock? And do I have to pay them again to put it on?
    Last edited by JoeyT1987; 07-26-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks

Thanks for the info. So what if that mess up, and dont have any iphone 4's in stock? And do I have to pay them again to put it on?
    No problem. No, they pay for it.

They messed up my 3GS, but apple replaced it

Thanks

oh I just got a replacement from apple, this is 3rd iphone 4 I've gone through from them lol. Will I be out of luck taking it to apple again if they screw it up? Because I'm really leaning on doing it myself lol, and I'm willing to take a good hour going slowly and being careful by the front camera and back camera.

Thanks

If you have Best Buy do it, the liability is on them.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you are incapable of doing it. What I am saying is that this REALLY difficult

Apple will replace your phone all day long if you want. I had 9 3GS iphones. I am on iphone 4 number 2.

Thanks

wow. I really dont mind best buy doing it, the thing is I think they might have scratched the front camera of my last iphone (not like a a bad scratch, not even a hair scratch, you literally have to put the light on it,I can't even capture it if I took a pic with a high tech camera lol, but if they dont scrape the any front/back lens to dry the bubbles, I guess I can live with it lol.