Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Lost all text after 4.0.1 update

Default Lost all text after 4.0.1 update
    Pardon me if this is the wrong section and please move this question to the correct one if need be.
    About 2 days back I began to notice that my reception was getting bad and wasnt receiving or able to make phone calls. I was also missing many text messages from people and I as well could not send texts. I called my service provider (Rogers Toronto)and they told me that I needed to update my iphone firmware. SO I backed up in itunes, updated, after the update I restored and I lost all my text messages.. some of these were very sentimental to me. My contacts were re added but I cant seem to get the texts back for the life of me. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get them back? Oh and by the way my reception and service is still bad for some reason...
    Last edited by fromunda kid; 07-26-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Austin, TX
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'm confused. You plugged into iTunes and hit hte /upgrade/ button.. then after that was done you hit the /restore/ button?The only way to get your texts back would be to plug into iTunes.. right click on your device and hit "restore from back-up".

Yes I hit restore from backup, the backup Imade right before upgrading to 4.0.1

Anyone else experience this or have any other ideas how I can get my texts back? I forgot to mention that the update was done on a Mac
    Last edited by fromunda kid; 07-27-2010 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost